• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Corpse Party II: Darkness Distortion Coming West Fall 2024; Physical Confirmed, Story and Cast Detailed

Details via Noisy Pixel:
XSEED Games has announced that the next entry in MAGES’ Corpse Party series, Corpse Party II: Darkness Distortion, will be released in the West in Fall 2024 for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam. Additionally, Marvelous will publish the title simultaneously in Europe.

Corpse Party II: Darkness Distortion follows three friends in high school, Haruka Nanami, Nemu Takanashi, and Maria Hitsugi, exploring Amare Est Vivere Hospital, testing a local urban legend as Nemu, who’s a streamer, aims to up her subscriber count. Unfortunately, the legend of “Ayame’s Mercy” is true, triggering a decades-old curse and sending them to the dark realm. Here, the three try to avoid the revengeful spirit of Ayame Kirishima and other horrors around the hospital’s past as they try to dispel the curse.
Fans can anticipate fully 3D-rendered halls within the hospital’s halls in both third and first person. The series’ visual novel-style storytelling will be combined with updated visuals, binaural audio, and Japanese voiceovers. Six chapters will be featured, with eight additional scenarios and many Wrong Ends on the journey to discover the truths surrounding “Ayame’s Mercy.”

Players can look forward to a special physical release called “Ayame’s Mercy Edition,” featuring a ‘reversible cover, a ‘Save Yourself’ LED blue candle styled after the in-game save points, a 64-page art book filled with behind-the-scenes content, a spooky ‘Ayame’s Mercy’ lenticular art card, an ‘evidence kit’ containing items pulled right out of the game world, and an Amare Est Vivere ‘Medical Kit’ metal outer case.” This special edition will cost $79.99, while the standard edition will be $49.99. XSEED Games’ online store and other retailers will have the game available for pre-order.
fEBugp2.png

Key art

ugj8vuy.png

H2Tpo3r.png

Last edited:

Power Pro

I am so confused by this series. I would have thought one of the many games with Corpse Party in the title was already Corpse Party 2. For real, I've seen at least 3 or 4 different game with Corpse Party: Subtitle on digital stores, that I don't know where to begin anymore.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
It's the saga that I've always wanted to play and I've never been able to... Because of university and other things. And I have seen many PSP games, 3DS, which by the way I was going to buy but I never could... Because of university 🙄🙄. And now after so many remakes and spin offs, It also confuses me.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
It's baffling that we're on Corpse Party II when there's been so many damn releases in this series, but... ok? I've never made it more than an hour or so into the first game, but I've tried multiple times. This feels like a series I should really like, but the gameplay (if you want to call it that) just loses my interest so quickly.

I dont understand the continuation from Corpse Part 2 Dead Patients. Did they scrapped the continuation of that game and just remade an entirely different sequel or something?

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Pre-order is now in Playasia.

Switch or ps4?

Pre-order is now in Playasia.

Switch or ps4?
Don't rush to pre-order from PlayAsia as the game will be getting a worldwide physical release. Here's the Amazon US listing.

Top Bottom