• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CrossCode launches digitally for PS4, Xbox One, and Switch on July 9, physically for PS4 and Switch on August 28

CrossCode_06-08-20.jpg

The PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch versions of 2D action RPG CrossCode will launch digitally on July 9 for $19.99, publisher Deck13 Spotlight and developer Radical Fish announced. Pre-orders for the Xbox One version are available now via the Microsoft Store.

ININ Games also announced it will release a physical edition of CrossCode for PlayStation 4 and Switch at all major retailers across North America and Europe on August 28. Exclusive and limited SteelBook and Collector’s editions are also available for pre-order now exclusively via Strictly Limited Games.

CrossCode first launched for PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam in September 2018 following a three-year long Early Access period.

Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:

About

This retro-inspired 2D action RPG might outright surprise you. CrossCode combines 16-bit SNES-style graphics with butter-smooth physics, a fast-paced combat system, and engaging puzzle mechanics, served with a gripping sci-fi story.

CrossCode is all about how it plays! That’s why there is a free Steam demo! Go give it a try! Take the best out of two popular genres, find a good balance between them and make a great game. That’s what CrossCode does. You get the puzzles of Zelda-esque dungeons and are rewarded with the great variety of equipment you know and love from RPGs. During the fast-paced battles you will use the tools you find on your journey to reveal and exploit the enemies’ weaknesses and at the same time will be able to choose equipment and skills for a more in-depth approach in fighting your enemies.

Key Features

• Dive into a massive adventure with a playtime of around 30 to 80 hours.
  • Explore a large world with seven unique areas and hidden secrets all over the place.
  • Fight over 120 enemy types including 30-plus boss fights.
  • Enter seven expansive dungeons, all with with unique themes and puzzle mechanics.
  • Master over 90 combat arts and even more passive skills.
  • Solve over 100 quests with a great variety of tasks and unique challenges.
  • 60-plus music tracks made by a rice ball (yes).

I am pretty sure I own this game on Steam but haven't played it yet. Seems to get a lot of great praise.

Very Positive on Steam

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I think it's like 2 bucks on steam right now. It's been on my wishlist forever.
Edit:got it mixed up with another game. Not currently on sale but yes it's on pc gamepass.

Last edited:

crumbs

Thanks for reminding me about this game. I've owned it on Steam since it was in early access, but forgot about it since I was waiting until exited EA before playing (Yes, I know it's been finished for awhile).

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Nice! I played the Steam demo a long time ago and have been patiently waiting for the Switch release. Glad it’s not too far off!

Thanks for reminding me about this game. I've owned it on Steam since it was in early access, but forgot about it since I was waiting until exited EA before playing (Yes, I know it's been finished for awhile).

Yeah I just started actually playing it after having it installed from Game Pass for awhile now. Really fun game.

Top Bottom