• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Masterpiece: 1995-2001 launches Nov. 27th in Japan (PS4; first three titles in series)

The full titles is "Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Masterpiece: 1995-2001" and includes Virtual On: Cyber Troopers, Cyber Troopers: Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram, and Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Force.

Thanks Siliconera:

The collection will release digitally exclusively on PlayStation 4 on November 27, 2019. In Japan, the collection will cost 4,500 yen, and as announced, it will include Virtual On: Cyber Troopers, Cyber Troopers: Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram, and Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Force.
The games have been modified to work with online battles, and players can hold tournaments and team battles in online rooms as well. All three games will work with Tanita’s Twin Stick joysticks.

---

Hopefully this comes West, and/or I hope the menus are English-friendly for importing purposes.

Pretty cool; I always wanted to try this series out. Hear the new PS4 game is quite good too. I'm kinda surprised there's no version of this for the Switch though. The Joycons would work very well for it I'd imagine. Plus these are older games, it wouldn't take a lot of juice to run them with an adequate port.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Never got around to trying Force. That's cool. Mars isn't on here? I mean, I remember hearing it sucked, but kinda odd.

Pretty cool; I always wanted to try this series out. Hear the new PS4 game is quite good too. I'm kinda surprised there's no version of this for the Switch though. The Joycons would work very well for it I'd imagine. Plus these are older games, it wouldn't take a lot of juice to run them with an adequate port.
Yeah the default control scheme for ARMS reminded me a lot of Virtua On (done with motion controls, obviously).

Never got around to trying Force. That's cool. Mars isn't on here? I mean, I remember hearing it sucked, but kinda odd.

They butchered it by trying to westernise the story and I believe the unlocking system is crap too.

It is the Sonic 06 of Virtual On similar to NiGHTS Journey to Dreams, Yakuza Dead Souls and Valkyria Revolution.

Can we buy the Twin Sticks this time? I didn't pre-order in case it fell through.

The Tanita sticks are a limited production, but who knows if they'll make more (or if other companies will pick up the slack)?

That sucks. This game is much better with Twin Sticks, to which I think they should make them affordable for all if you want the true experience of the games.

Top Bottom