• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dad's son kept losing to another boy in video games. So the dad beat-up said boy and broke his spine after failed bribery. (Brutal)

https://www.worldofbuzz.com/seremba...ideo-game-so-his-dad-broke-competitors-spine/ (additional video footage in article)
On January 11, a misunderstanding over a video game ended with a teenage gamer being hospitalised with broken bones. The incident happened at around 10pm at an electronic game store in Palm Mall, Seremban. Sin Chew Daily reported that the teenage victim had been playing a competitive video game against another boy. After beating the boy several times, the boy’s father approached the victim and offered him RM2 to intentionally lose and let the boy win. However, the bribe didn’t work and the teenager soon seized another victory, beating the boy once more. The father was angered and became violent, throwing a chair at the victim. He kicked the teenager several times, rallying up around four other men to come and assist the assault.

A video of the event posted on Twitter showed them surrounding the visibly terrified teenager, yelling at him as passersby watched helplessly. At one point in time, a man even kicked the teenager in the head as he cowered on the floor.

Four suspects have since been arrested, as reported by The Sun. All four suspects have been in remand until today (15 Jan), said Seremban district police chief Asst Comm Thiew Hock Poh.

seremban-father-breaks-gamers-spine-for-beating-his-son-in-game-world-of-buzz-4.jpg

So a Dad in Malaysia tried to pay another kid to lose and the kid did not accept the bribe. So instead of offering his son encouragement or helping him learn to get better at Video games he decided to go to the other kid, beat the living chef boyardee out of him, and from the reports, likely have crippled him for life.

Also apparently there may have been some more people involved with this issue as there are multiple suspects. Including the Man who kicked the boy in the head while he was down.

In the link there's also some video taken of part of the event as well. The dad gave no craps he was in public apparently. The kid's life ruined over absolutely nothing.

j0hnnix

This is just ridiculous. I can't even comprehend what was going through that man's mind..

Understatement:
beat the living chef boyardee

Nymphae

Banned
I don't understand the need for the parenthetical editorial in the title, but alright.

Last edited:

Pallas

Wow, this is sad and unfortunate for the kid. I really hope the 4 get the maximum punishment available for this crime.

If you take the bribe than do what your told.

Dummy has a broken spine now

He didn’t accept the bribe though according to OP and the article.

Last edited:

kingwingin

Wow, this is sad and unfortunate for the kid. I really hope the 4 get the maximum punishment available for this crime.

He didn’t accept the bribe though according to OP and the article.
read it as he took it and still went for the win. my bad

Imtjnotu

Once I first started reading I swore this was going to a Florida thing. Seriously surprised it's not.

Fuck that dad

AlphaMale

Wow, talk about an extreme case of an overprotective parent sheltering their kids from everything...including losing.

I have some friends who are like this. It's sad to see; even sadder that the parents don't see it as an issue.

Segura Unger

Neo Member
There are some things money can't buy.

jVaRYtC.png

Seriously though, there's no shortage of idiots with no common sense and sense of proportion, so there'll always be a steady stream of this kind of news. One can only laugh at the sheer absurdity of it.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
He must´ve run for Father of the Year. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with some people? Kick the shit out of a kid just for beating your own kid in a video game. Sigh. So tired of humanity sometimes.

A.Romero

I'm surprised a psychopath like this took so long to do something evil enough to get him in jail. I wonder if he has a criminal record.

StormCell

That's horrific. I hope they sentence the father to life in prison, and while he is there he can work and earn the pay needed to support the victim the rest of his life. I can't fathom changing someone's life like that over a game. I feel bad for the guy's son, because this is just a nightmare for both boys.

So stupid.

Pallas

Makes me wonder if the father is part of some sort of gang or organized crime syndicate, he had help readily available.

Very true. I'm curious how this man was with his family, if he could consciously do this to a child with no remorse.

Im assuming the other kid may have been more involved than we think. He might be part of some group where such punishments are ok. I mean the kid was bribed which is not something an adult does to the average lad.

Top Bottom