• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 1, 2, and V3 coming to smartphone

Mista

Banned
Danganronpa-News-Snapshot_04-18-20_001.jpg

“Anniversary Editions” of Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, and Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony are coming to smartphone, Spike Chunsoft announced. Release dates were not announced

The smartphone versions will feature a new user interface, improved playability with touch controls, an event gallery, an expressions and voice gallery, and an art gallery.
Gematsu

Chittagong

Gold Member
Hmmm. Loved the first Danganronpa but for some reason ended up playing the second one just half way. So I may need to pick this up if it works on iPad. I wonder how the gameplay works on touch.

Vlaphor

I loved all three of these games when I played them originally, but I don't see myself double dipping. Still, if you haven't played them, all three are worth checking out.

Mista

Banned
I loved all three of these games when I played them originally, but I don't see myself double dipping. Still, if you haven't played them, all three are worth checking out.
Agreed. Its just weird how it went downhill after the first game

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I liked all three a lot, but I think 1 was my favorite. It felt like the most hopeless scenario of them all.

Wouldn't buy these on mobile, but I could see them all working well on there. If nothing else, this reminds me that I bought the PS4 version of 1+2 and haven't played it yet. Could stand to run through those again seeing how it's been like 6 years.

Paltheos

I disagree with GAF. 1 and 2 are really close imo. 2 has lower lows and higher highs but it averages out to pretty close. I might take 2 just for 2-5 though, which is my favorite murder mystery case.. game.. thing ever. 3 is decisively worse than both the first two but I had a fun time.
Edit: I make a point of not recommending 3 though except to people who really want more but add that people are pretty split on it. Some people say this one's the best (I don't see it).

I liked all three a lot, but I think 1 was my favorite. It felt like the most hopeless scenario of them all.

Wouldn't buy these on mobile, but I could see them all working well on there. If nothing else, this reminds me that I bought the PS4 version of 1+2 and haven't played it yet. Could stand to run through those again seeing how it's been like 6 years.

I don't know what platform you played on, but I played on Vita and the touchscreen is pretty good for these games.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I don't know what platform you played on, but I played on Vita and the touchscreen is pretty good for these games.

I played the first two on the Vita, and yeah, touchscreen was fine. I can imagine the navigating the hallways being a little annoying, but nothing too bad.

Bullet Club

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Anniversary Edition is out now.

Top Bottom