• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dave Chappelle wins the 2019 Mark Twain Prize

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
An outstanding lineup of entertainers gathered in the Kennedy Center Concert Hall to salute Dave Chappelle, recipient of the 22nd annual Mark Twain Prize for American Humor on October 27, 2019. The Prize, which is named to honor one of the world’s greatest humorists, was given at a gala performance featuring some of the biggest names in comedy. The program will be broadcast on PBS stations on Tuesday, January 7, 2020.

The Mark Twain Prize for American Humor recognizes individuals who have had an impact on American society in ways similar to the distinguished 19th-century novelist and essayist Samuel Clemens, best known as Mark Twain. As a social commentator, satirist, and creator of characters, Clemens was a fearless observer of society, who startled many while delighting and informing many more with his uncompromising perspective on social injustice and personal folly.

Kennedy Center President Deborah F. Rutter reflected, “Dave is the embodiment of Mark Twain’s observation that ‘against the assault of humor, nothing can stand.’ For three decades, Dave has challenged us to see hot-button issues from his entirely original yet relatable perspective. Dave’s a great guy and a hometown hero here in Washington, D.C., where he grew up. We’re so looking forward to welcoming him back home.”

Watch the whole thing here:
Or, here are some choice clips:

Kudos to Dave. He's one of the funniest and wittiest people in history. He's mastered the art of standup comedy, is a big supporter of free speech, and isn't afraid to speak truth to power. His testicles are also made out of solid steel integrity to be able to walk away from 50 million dollars.

Bigrx1

Banned
Remember how everyone hated his new special Sticks & Stones and how awful it was? Reddit told me so, Era told me so, so many media outlets told me so, everyone fucking hated that racist ass special.
4kn7ZPX.jpg

Oh.....

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Sorry for the double post. I missed it the first time around. I loved his comment on the first amendment in the beginning.

GHG

Remember how everyone hated his new special Sticks & Stones and how awful it was? Reddit told me so, Era told me so, so many media outlets told me so, everyone fucking hated that racist ass special.
4kn7ZPX.jpg

Oh.....

Imagine being so full of self misery that you attempt to cancel Dave Chappelle.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Imagine being so full of self misery that you attempt to cancel Dave Chappelle.
Taking down a black is worth way more justice points than a white. I hear the gays who got Kevin Hart fired from the oscars don’t wipe their ass with any denomination lower than a $20 now.

GreyHorace

He deserves all the awards in the world for not giving a fuck whether members of LGBTQ would be triggered by his jokes. Comedy should not spare anyone, not even so-called oppressed people.

Also, his bit on Jussie Smollet should be archived for all history.

Top Bottom