• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Day 1] FINAL FANTASY XIV FAN FESTIVAL 2024 in TOKYO

kikii

2024年1月7日(日)に東京ドームで開催される、「FINAL FANTASY XIV FAN FESTIVAL 2024 in TOKYO」 Day 1のステージプログラムを、世界中の光の戦士と一緒に視聴しよう!Join us for day one of the FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festival 2024 in Tokyo on Saturday, January 6 (PST) / Sunday, 7 January (GMT) 🔹タイムスケジュール / Day 1 Stage Schedule (JST)10:00-12:00 基調講演 / Keynote12:00-12:30 オープニング / Opening Ceremony13:00-14:30 開発のここが言いたい / Tales from the Development Side14:30-16:30 クイズコーナー&グラウンド中継 / Crystal Tsushin Presents Trivia Show & Venue Walkthrough16:30-18:30 GALLERIA Presents クリスタルコンフリクトリージョンチャンピオンシップ 2023 / GALLERIA Presents Crystal Conflict Regional Championship 2023※Day 1「スペシャルライブ – ピアノ」、Day 2「スペシャルライブ – バンド」は、別途実施の有料ストリーミング配信にてご覧いただけます。詳細は→ https://sqex.to/aEIxR* The piano performance on day one and THE PRIMALS concert on day two are available through a paid streaming service. Details: https://sqex.to/eQkewDay 1の各ステージ内容詳細は→ https://sqex.to/ZeMI6View details on the full stage schedule: https://sqex.to/1tLlf (NA) / https://sqex.to/uZDXX (EU)#ffxiv #FF14 #FFXIVFanFest

Ozzie666

Mixed feelings with this after essentially going to the end of space and killing something bigger than an Eikon. It was the ending and now will feel almost mortal. First world problems. 2 new DPS seems lazy.

kikii

Mixed feelings with this after essentially going to the end of space and killing something bigger than an Eikon. It was the ending and now will feel almost mortal. First world problems. 2 new DPS seems lazy.
and potatoes wil be still satans lil helpers ^^
P194WZX.jpg

Varteras

Gold Member
A friend of mine is fucking furious. He waited over 13 years since this game came out to have the Beast Master announced. Only to have this be the result. The two new jobs, Pictomancer and Viper, look like total duds at first glance. The Viper looks like a very bland job to play. They somehow made a dual-wielding job that can switch to a double-bladed staff look boring. I don't mind colorful and silly, but the Pictomancer is just jarring. It clashes with the general aesthetic of the game. It's as if they watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit after playing a few rounds of Splatoon, went to bed, and woke up with a cartoon rainbow boner of inspiration. That being said, I'll give it time and see if they grow on me. The jobs, not the boners. Or maybe...

Happy The Rock GIF

Last edited:

Kumomeme

for those who not aware, improved character creation is coming after 7.0

this stated by Yoshi-P during fanfest and during short QA session with fans at jp server few days prior.

also everyone gonna get free Fantasia once Dawntrail is launched as stated during the presentation.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The DPS as is until info drops at a media tour is very underwhelming and currently implies the combat system will remain stagnant and follow the boring 2 minute meta.

Flyinmunky

Damn was hoping this fest would be the one to re-hype me.
Apologies to be overly negative and I'm sure a lot of stuff they been showing is what some people wanted , but everything I've seen of this expansion has disappointed me compared to previous ones.
Pictomancer as a job is fine but seeing it in action ,the job trailer, it looks terrible.
Viper just comes across bland and I doubt given the choice it wouldn't have been on mostly anyone wishes.
The trailer song is annoying and in the full trailer actually gets worse as goes on.
The new job gear looked worse than previous expansions.
The expansion main location just looks uninspired , the final shot of the trailer looking at the location should make people hyped but for me its just Zzzzzz.
9F4Bj3C.jpg

Anyway i hope there a story trailer to pull me back in but for now I think Endwalker is where I bail out.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I think most of the hype will probably come from the media tour if they have one. The new "actions" and information on how classes new and old play is more interesting to me then showcasing setpieces you will walk past and forget about almost immediately afterwards.

I think the problem just stems from Endwalker raising the stakes so high that the next expansion can't possibly top "The Final Days".

There is just a large shift in between Shadowbringer and Endwalker and I still do not understand it.

The new Jobs look very basic once you remove the animations from them so I can see why many are underwhelmed by them. Not enough information on them to get you invested in them just yet. It is a bit jarring with Picto as the effects are just so out of place compared to everything else in FFXIV.

Negativity aside I'll give DT a chance but I think for better or worse this make be a make or break expansion for a lot of older players. For newer audiences I think they will be super excited about it.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The story and new jobs dont seem that interesting to me. The new levels look cool though: theres a cyberpunk city zone and a wild west zone. Those are the kind of zones I had in mind from the get-go cuz I assume this is vaguely supposed to be like ffxiv’s version of Latin/North America.

Top Bottom