• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Scarlet character trailer - Marie Rose & Honoka

Shin

Banned
Koei Tecmo shared its latest character introduction trailer for Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Scarlet, and it features two fan-favorite characters with Marie Rose and Honoka.

The game features 11 characters including the addition of Misaki from Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation and Leifang. You can check out the two in the previous introduction video.
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Scarlet releases in Japan on March 20, 2019 for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.

20190123_013541_thumb.jpg

Credit: Siliconera

CatCouch

I haven't been following all the news on this but is there any chance of a western release on the Switch? If we got Senran Kagura Reflexions there is no way this can't release here (no matter how much Shimbori claims that it can't be sold, he is wrong). I don't really want to import again.

V2Tommy

Honkers is a ridiculous specimen. I played DoAX3 at launch (first and only game I've ever imported) and the entire time, I was mad at how dumb/childish her and Marie Rose acted. DoAX1 remains the best game in the series.

I haven't been following all the news on this but is there any chance of a western release on the Switch? If we got Senran Kagura Reflexions there is no way this can't release here (no matter how much Shimbori claims that it can't be sold, he is wrong). I don't really want to import again.
Doubt it, since it has more to do with Koei Tecmo being chickens when it comes to Western media really. That latest Shimbori interview kind of confirmed they just can't take criticism really, especially after his SoulCalibur VI comments.

CatCouch

Doubt it, since it has more to do with Koei Tecmo being chickens when it comes to Western media really. That latest Shimbori interview kind of confirmed they just can't take criticism really, especially after his SoulCalibur VI comments.
That's my guess. I just read Shimbori's Polygon interview and I think he and Koei Tecmo are way over their heads. They don't realize how big of a gulf there is between the Japanese audience that likes fan service and the western critics who want full, completely explained realism in games. You can't even justify a character being attractive, let alone fighting in a sexy lab coat like NiCO does so any chance you will get their blessing for the Xtreme games is out the window.

I honestly don't think they understand how diverse and polarized opinions are on games here in the west. There is no appealing to everyone. Just make the games for the audience you want, you don't need everyone to like it. Geez, Koei.

Lucumo

That's my guess. I just read Shimbori's Polygon interview and I think he and Koei Tecmo are way over their heads. They don't realize how big of a gulf there is between the Japanese audience that likes fan service and the western critics who want full, completely explained realism in games. You can't even justify a character being attractive, let alone fighting in a sexy lab coat like NiCO does so any chance you will get their blessing for the Xtreme games is out the window.
What are you talking about? Remember the outcries over actual breast physics in Fortnite?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Worst characters ever. I loved the sexy ladies in DOA, then they dump these idol highschoolers on us. One acts like a child, the other looks like a child.

Vlaphor

After playing a bunch of DOAX VV and DOAX3 on PS4, the only reason I'd be interested in this game is for the vr stuff on PS4. Of course, you'd still have to deal with Sony's censorship...

Besides not exactly being an amazing product in its vanilla form, it's difficult to remain interested in Xtreme3 Scarlet, when I worry the Switch version is going to look like garbage. Hopefully they'll eventually be enough videos released on the game that an actual comparison between the two versions can be made. I guess there's also the whole thing about still not having confirmation on the subtitle text included in the Switch Multi-Language-Asian region release.

Last edited:
Top Bottom