• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny install sizes/requirements for PS3/360?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Strange that this information doesn't seem to be available anywhere so close to release, officially on their website, via forums, or elsewhere. Particularly, I'm wondering specifically about the 360 install size, because I'm still using an old 20GB HDD with 32GB USB plugged in. I have my doubts that Destiny will allow you to install to the USB though, and I'm not about to go buy another hard drive, official or otherwise, because I'd rather just wait it out and put that money towards a PS4/X1.

We already know the PS4 and X1 versions both require about 40GB of free space. But why is there no information out there for the PS3 and 360 versions? If you google around, all you get is a sourceless GameFAQs post saying it's 20GB.

Asked this in the OT and it got lost, so I decided this thread was a good idea, and probably more likely to get a developer comment.

gaugebozo

I believe the beta was like 12 GB for the 360, so the full game should be that plus Mars, Venus, the Reef, like 8 multiplayer maps. My guess, 16 GB? I'm no expert, but most of the physical game data (but probably not most of the play time) would have been contained in the beta.

Edit: I think some other forums got the Xbox One beta and 360 beta mixed up. I think the 360 beta was closer to 7. So 10?

Daemul

Link didn't work for me, but when I navigated there for my region it says 6.8mb download that takes up to 20GB of space.

I guess it will be similar on 360? Can you install it on USBs though? urk pls

Some regions may have larger downloads, it wouldn't be the first time.

I believe the beta was like 12 GB for the 360, so the full game should be that plus Mars, Venus, the Reef, like 8 multiplayer maps. My guess, 16 GB? I'm no expert, but most of the physical game data (but probably not most of the play time) would have been contained in the beta.

360 beta size was 5 to 6 GB.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nevermind, at the bottom of the xbox splash page it says:

20 GB hard drive storage is required for Xbox 360 and 40 GB hard drive storage is required for Xbox One. Additional storage may be required for some updates and features. Storage requirements subject to change.

Bummer. Guess I'll cancel my pre-order :(

MarioLinkSamus

not a fan of Ashley Madison. Digs her website tho
I bought Destiny for the 360, but am unable to play it because I do not have 20gb of free space and I'm told my USB stick will not work either. I have a portable 3rd party hard drive with plenty of space, but I'm reading I must purchase an internal hard drive in order to get this guy up and running. I haven't tested it out yet, but I'm wondering if anyone else in a similar predicament has had success.

p.s. Rockstar with GTA V and now Bungie with Destiny did a good job of keeping this mum until after release.

Top Bottom