• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: [4K] Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled: PS4/Pro vs Xbox One/X Tested + PS1 Graphics Comparison!

Mista

Banned

A cult PlayStation classic re-imagined for the modern day. Developer Beenox takes the brilliant mechanics of Crash Team Racing and cranks its visuals up a gear in Nitro-Fueled. Home consoles are in the spotlight today - with PS4, Pro, Xbox One and X each well optimised around a 30fps target.

1440p on both Pro and X

Last edited:

frogger

30FPS is disappointing. Also there is no difference between PS4 and Xbox One, no difference between Pro and X, so obviously hardware advantages were not properly utilized.

Reactions: TLZ

stranno

And the screen size might made it impractical.
SEGA AGES Virtua Racing: Hold my beer.

BTW: There are already 720P mods for Nitro-Fueled on Switch portable. There are some slowdowns here and there even with sys_clk. At ~600P (+oc) it works perfectly fine and looks quite better than 480P.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
1440p and 30fps? Who developed this shit. Should be checkerboard Pro, Native 4K xbox and 60fps on both.

Last edited:
Seems like the mid-gens could have been utilized better but I’m still loving it on my Pro. Playing the crap out of it so far, going for my third Platinum Trophy ever (Spider-Man and Days Gone are other two).

GreatnessRD

1440p and 30fps? Who developed this shit. Should be checkerboard Pro, Native 4K xbox and 60fps on both.
One of the reasons I'm not hyped on the next-gen train. It's just gonna be more of the same. We got all this power and still get the low specs for no reason.

Top Bottom