• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: RoboCop Rogue City - DF Tech Review - Unreal Engine 5 Shines on PS5/Xbox Series X/S

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Regarding the performance of the PS5 version :

This game holds its 60fps target only half of the time, frankly, it's really bad since during heavy firefights (or should I say "most") the framerate tanks leading to missed shots and generally speaking, a really bad shooting feeling, it's really not good, like, at all...
Couple that with no adjustment options whatsoever to the sticks' deadzones/acceleration etc and things become even worse, this is not a nice feeling fps game.

Now, I've been reading on Reddit that this problem got worse than what it used to be due to some recent patches - any truth to that ?

Anyway, downloaded yesterday's patch and yep, there's a new "AMD frame generation" option in the visuals menu which I don't know if it helps/fixes things - I finished the jail level yesterday with it on and things were smooth, it'd be nice to give the slaughterhouse fight another try though since it's one of the most problematic levels/fights where the framerate literally shits itself.

PS: IMO, this is not a system showcase and I don't get the praise it's been receiving, framerate aside, it's one of the blurriest and full of jaggies games that I've played on the PS5 (AW2 aside).

Last edited:

Bojji

This frame gen would only make sense if there was 120hz output.

Game would be in 60-100FPS territory with FG on. Without that it's probably not helping much. Xbox might be in better position with system level 120Hz support.

Darsxx82

I've been playing it this afternoon on XSX and have been able to try several things.

1- Correction: The texture "bug" in XSX seems not to be solved. My mistake for not remembering that it was limited to the exterior street area and not the interior areas and areas of other missions. For those who have XSX and are waiting for the solution to purchase it, it is better to wait. They have only improved the resolution in quality mode and added the AMD Frame generation toggle vs launch versión.

2-I have tried the game in 120hz mode forcing from the OS and it simply seems to favor the input lag somewhat but there is certainly no framerate increase that could be granted to implementing Frame Gen.
There is also no difference in IQ on vs off. Maybe the framerate has improved somewhat over time but nothing that makes a difference.

I could almost believe that it is an error and they included the option in a mistake and/or it is not yet implemented?🤔
Of course, the fact that it is a patch that has not been publicly announced is strange.

Last edited:

Vick

It doesn't work (for now)

RoboCop: Roger City..

uBVvC08.gif

Darsxx82

Guys, we already have an official statement...... It was all a mistake and that toggle should not have appeared on the console🤣🤣🤣🤣

My congratulations to Zathalus Zathalus who sensed very well the possibility of an error when updating the PC version and it went to the console menu by mistake😆

Top Bottom