• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you agree to pay more for earlier access?

Do you agree to pay more for earlier access?

• Yes

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • No

Votes: 94 65.7%
  • I do not care

Votes: 38 26.6%

• Total voters

Drizzlehell

Banned
No. It's an incentive that's clearly aimed at streamers. I'm not a streamer so idgaf, I can wait a couple more days.

Comandr

Definitely already done it for a few games. Almost always get my games from a third party store like GMG or CDkeys, so the deluxe editions are barely any more money.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Paying full price for a game seems like a bad idea to me, paying full price plus a bit more seems even worse.

If a game was coming to Gamepass that I knew I was going to play a lot, I'd maybe buy a season pass that came with an early access perk to get in early. But paying more just for early access isn't something I'd consider.

I bought the top tier editions of Hogwarts and Diablo to play early. I know Diablo servers will be fucked at launch so hopefully i get a few days to play before the standard edition peasants come along.

scalman

True early access is when you get access to truly early version half baked game like more indies doing just on triple A level. I would pay for that and test game before it gets to full version...like it was with dirt rally first early access version.
This week or so early is just stupid marketing trick...not worth it..it means nothing...but as long as money would come from that they would do anything to get more money from same stuff

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

It's never really bothered me, it's always just felt like an easy add-on for a deluxe/collector's edition. Even if it does feel lazy, lol. It's kinda whatever to me.

Last edited:

drotahorror

Don't like it.

Not really mad or anything but as it is my buddies are going to be playing Diablo, 4 days earlier than me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom