• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you have cell service U.S. gaf?

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
So my phone has been out ever since I woke up at 6 this morning. No calls or text . I'm with at&t. I thought it was just me but I guess there's a huge nation wide outage. I'm in the southeast. How are you guys fairing?

dorkimoe

no on ATT for the last 2 hours (since i woke up)
I just realized i cant log into my bank account because i need text 2fa and it doesnt come thru iMessage so ...

there is like 10 carriers on the front page

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I'm betting it was Putin. I'm mostly being sarcastic but I also wouldn't be surprised if some asshole like him wanted to take out our satellites.

ebevan91

I have AT&T and no service on my iPhone but when I put my SIM card in my shitty Samsung phone I use for work I do have service.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Nope, no cell service for me. Fortunately I uploaded a bot of myself to continue to make social media posts like this one in my absence.

I love Taylor Swift!!

Drink your Ovaltine!!

Mistake

no on ATT for the last 2 hours (since i woke up)
I just realized i cant log into my bank account because i need text 2fa and it doesnt come thru iMessage so ...

there is like 10 carriers on the front page
This is one reason why I only do 2fa through email. I can almost always access whatever I connect it to, and avoid phishing links through text which are getting harder to identify

Last edited:
tenor.gif

KrakenIPA

AT&T is back up for me, but it was down earlier, my theory is two-fold. 1) a careless Engineer spilt coffee on the server controls, and 2) polar flip is imminent.

Trilobit

So many of the gadgets I own are pretty much worthless without Internet. If that day comes when a solar storm incapacitates the worldweb for a longer time I'll be mostly rocking my ereader.

Edit: From NASA:

SDO_Feb21-22_DoubleXFlare_131.gif

NASA’s Solar Dynamics Observatory captured these images of a solar flare – as seen in the bright flashes in the upper left area of the Sun – on Feb. 21 and 22, 2024. The images show a subset of extreme ultraviolet light that highlights the extremely hot material in flares and which is colorized in teal. Credit: NASA/SDO

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I was without AT&T service until about 1 pm EST today. It was kind of nice not having a working phone for a few hours.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Cricket. Good all day. But I did see a lot of my people on social media with no service. Must have posted their status updates on their desktop computers lol

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
So now the place where I work has had severe internet issues for the past 48 hours. Guess who the provider is? You guessed it! AT and fucking T! What's going on over there? We just had a tech come in and its not a local issue. A lot of businesses in the area are reporting mass slowdowns.

ReBurn

Gold Member
So now the place where I work has had severe internet issues for the past 48 hours. Guess who the provider is? You guessed it! AT and fucking T! What's going on over there? We just had a tech come in and its not a local issue. A lot of businesses in the area are reporting mass slowdowns.
I had to go home to work today because of issues with AT&T fiber at the office.

Top Bottom