• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOA5:LR Community Soft-Bans 100+ Costumes from Tournaments

I never saw him complaining about Ivy from Soul Caliber and her costume is pure butt floss, and I know he plays that game too. Ive watched him play it in person. It's hypocritical.

Mendrox

I understand both sides, really, but I'm still gonna side with the "why even bother covering the fact that DoA is about boobs as well as fighting?".

DoA is a VERY capable and fun fighting game. I enjoy playing it so much, I'm sure I've never played another fighting game so much. Its Triangle System is really fun and simple to grasp, and deep enough that only pros can really make the most out of it. If you don't believe me, try the friggin' Combo Challenges.

DoA is also a VERY sexy game. Every fighter is sexy as balls, and the costumes and boob bouncing help bring that point home. Team Ninja and Tecmo Koei promote the sexiness in the game, and work long hours to make the fighters as sexy as possible, because that is also a pillar where DoA stands.

Trying to deny the sexy aspect of DoA for appearance's sake is... futile. It's all over the place, it's undeniable, it's impossible to conceal. But it does make sense that in a public tournament that is to be streamed and all, you'd want your players to look, say, a bit less like this:

And that's understandable as well, it's one thing to know your game is hot, it's another to flaunt it freely.

But in the end it's still futile because the characters are still right there. Kasumi is still absurdly hot even when she's fully dressed. Hell, it's even obvious Hitomi has a perfect body in her clown costume. Jan Lee is still ripped and chiseled.

In the end, everybody knows that DoA is about the sexy. Showing people via tournaments that it's also about a robust battle system is commendable, but you can't do that by just denying the other part.

I love all these nude bikinis. Are the hawaii ones already out? Also Leifang always gets the costumes where her boobs are always out and you have to be cautious that they don't pop out (well if they are even able to pop out lol)

ReBurn

Gold Member
I understand both sides, really, but I'm still gonna side with the "why even bother covering the fact that DoA is about boobs as well as fighting?".

DoA is a VERY capable and fun fighting game. I enjoy playing it so much, I'm sure I've never played another fighting game so much. Its Triangle System is really fun and simple to grasp, and deep enough that only pros can really make the most out of it. If you don't believe me, try the friggin' Combo Challenges.

DoA is also a VERY sexy game. Every fighter is sexy as balls, and the costumes and boob bouncing help bring that point home. Team Ninja and Tecmo Koei promote the sexiness in the game, and work long hours to make the fighters as sexy as possible, because that is also a pillar where DoA stands.

Trying to deny the sexy aspect of DoA for appearance's sake is... futile. It's all over the place, it's undeniable, it's impossible to conceal. But it does make sense that in a public tournament that is to be streamed and all, you'd want your players to look, say, a bit less like this:

http://damonx.com/wp-content/gallery/doa-tropical/3.jpg[IMG]

And that's understandable as well, it's one thing to know your game is hot, it's another to flaunt it freely.

But in the end it's still futile because the characters are still right there. Kasumi is still absurdly hot even when she's fully dressed. Hell, it's even obvious Hitomi has a perfect body in her clown costume. Jan Lee is still ripped and chiseled.

In the end, everybody knows that DoA is about the sexy. Showing people via tournaments that it's also about a robust battle system is commendable, but you can't do that by just denying the other part.[/QUOTE]

Nobody is denying the sexiness of DOA. That's the thing. It's played at tournaments because of its robust battle system, not to try to cover the fact that it has jiggly boobs or that the fighters are oozing sex appeal.

Flip your own argument around. There are so many people trying to diminish the deep fighting mechanic of the game with an "eww boobs" perspective. Your argument could apply to them as well.

It would be better if people had the emotional maturity to stop trying to separate the aspects of the game and just take it as it is or leave it.

vato_loco

It would be better if people had the emotional maturity to stop trying to separate the aspects of the game and just take it as it is or leave it.

That's my point! Take it or leave it as it is, don't just take the non-embarassing parts of it and dismiss the others. It's a robust fighting game worthy of tournaments, with G-string bikinis and variable boob jiggling. Embrace both!

Top Bottom