• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist

finley83

Banned
SH7lkTZ.jpg

Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist is a brand new game by William Pugh, the creator of indie hit The Stanley Parable, featuring the vocal talents of Simon Amstell and apparently Justin Roiland.

It’s the hottest summer on record, and all across Europe, valuable objects are disappearing.

Museum curators unlock cabinets and find precious artefacts stolen. Wealthy mansion owners wake up to see their priceless paintings have vanished from the walls.

One thing’s clear: a master thief is touring the continent and the police are left scratching their heads.

In this 15 minute game by Crows Crows Crows, a team led by William Pugh (The Stanley Parable), slip into the soft-soled shoes of the mastermind responsible…

It's out now, on Steam. It costs the quite exorbitant amount of $0.00, £0.00, €0.00, or AU$ 89.95.

You should probably play it right now before someone spoils it for you!

Edit: uh, looks like there's another |OT| going on right now... Just use this thread for now and I'll sort this out...

It costs the quite exorbitant amount of $0.00, £0.00, €0.00...

Ugh, another dev that just replaces the $ with an € for European pricing. Will we ever stop getting screwed?

I saw Tom Francis (gunpoint developer) recommending it on twitter, so I'm curious to try out!

BraXzy

Cross posting from the other thread since these seems to be the OT?

Just played it through once, pretty interesting and fun little thing for the 20 minutes I played. I love the art style, it's nothing wildly new but it just looks great imo.

Just listening to cassettes, instantly recognise the voice of Mr Meeseeks... Google it and TIL he also voices Rick, Morty and is co-creator of the show. Also also him and William Pugh are working on a VR game, which is awesome.

EDIT: Just played through it a second time and listened to all of the cassettes, a fun little side part.
Kinda disappointed that, from what I could tell, there's no deviating from the main path on replays ala Stanley Parable. I'd hoped that things like not calling the retrieval team for the tiger or not pressing the elevator lever would make something different happen. There's a bunch of stuff in the trailer like the lazer stuff and being able to get near the car that I just cannot figure out how to do. Was that purely for the trailer?

Don't get me wrong, it's a really cool experience and I totally am not expecting anything more from it considering it cost me nothing. I just hoped that there would be some hidden goodness inside.
I'm excited to see what Crows Crows Crows releases in the future.

There's a bunch of stuff in the trailer like the lazer stuff and being able to get near the car that I just cannot figure out how to do. Was that purely for the trailer?
it's like the entire joke the game is built on went over your head hahah

muffinsAKA

Neo Member
This game got me good. I really thought
it was going to be an actual game.

The
commentary from Justin Roiland is just him doing comedy bits and it's great.

Plasma

Banned
Just played through it really enjoyed it, I liked the bit where
he keeps getting more and more exasperated as you keep hanging up the phones.

Also when I got to the part with the
keypad all I kept on doing was hitting 8.

Haunted

It's cute and funny. What if a videogame was executed like a theatre production.

Highlight was definitely the phone bit. :lol

Top Bottom