• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dusk Golem: Resident Evil 9 will not be delayed, and it will be announced fairly soon with a release window set for January 2025

spartan30gr

harry potter my body is ready GIF

If it's 3rd person, I hope there is a VR first person mode like the amazing RE4R. Otherwise, like RE8 having been built from the ground up for first person is an even better fit for the VR mode, as it helps the interactivity and cinematics a bit.

Last edited:
I agree that 3rd person is the way to go for the more traditional Resident Evil game. Are we expecting a return of one of the main characters?

In light of these news, i got the itch to revisit RE8 village which i had already finished on my XSX 2 years ago but, after finishing RE4 Remake, i had to get my RE 3rd person fix again, something which the Gold edition/Winter's update offers and...i'm actually surprised ? the 3rd person camera actually works nice and isn't as janky or an afterthought (or "tacked on") as it appears from watching online videos, i mean, sure, it isn't nuanced nor as good as in the "real" RE (Remake) games but everything works as it should and it gives Village a breath of fresh air.

Tried the Gold edition demo from PSN and i might as well rebuy the game (haven't played Rose's DLC) since it's at 20 Eurodollars at the moment (both game + DLC)

Kinda worried it will turn out like another RE6. Considering how long it has been in development and all those rumors about open world etc.
RE has always been at it's best, when the design is reduced to the max. Like RE2R and RE7. Well, at least i hope they bring back Jill!

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Also, the RE8 DLC is some of the worst RE content ever created imo and I owned the lightgun games. Literally just "generic Horror tropes walking sim".
Resident Evil Village is the best Resident Evil and I absolutely love the DLC. It seems like they're finally going into more love Lovecraftian territory which I personally really like.

Last edited:
I don’t know but for me village was a disappointment, the castle was great, but the game became worse the longer it went on. It’s actually a problem with many RE games that the beginning is much better than the rest of the game, but in Village it really left a bad aftertaste for me…

ButchCat

I don’t know but for me village was a disappointment, the castle was great, but the game became worse the longer it went on. It’s actually a problem with many RE games that the beginning is much better than the rest of the game, but in Village it really left a bad aftertaste for me…
This. The game starts strong by trying to be a modern first person RE4 but from the moment you are out of the castle it just feels like one big fart of a game.

Top Bottom