• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light 2: Stay Human sales top five million in one month; Dying Light 1 tops 20 million

DukeNukem00

Banned
PC probably has at least half of those, based on CC numbers on steam. This game is the 25th most played game ever on steam.

Hugare

First game is a gem, and the sequel was really great.

Had lots of flaws, but it was crazy ambitious, packed with content and you could tell that it was made with heart

DL 2 has the best traversal system in any game bar none

Happy for them

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Wow. This franchise has sold way more copies than I thought.

Interesting since I never see anyone on my friends list play it and nobody talks about DL on forums.

PC probably has at least half of those, based on CC numbers on steam. This game is the 25th most played game ever on steam.
Maybe that's why. DL is a PC platform focused franchise(?).

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
Talent win. Thanks for the raytraced lighting Techland
Talent? This game is inferior in the gameplay in every aspect compared the first imo. Maybe just the parkour is improved. But the rest is a copy and past galore of collectable a la Ubisoft.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

I quit after 10 hours. The game is rough around the edges and everything looks copy pasted.

One of the most popular games in the past 5 years was Breath of the Wild, which went absolutely crazy with copy/pasted stuff. Unfortunately I think people just don’t care, so devs cut corners.

assurdum

Banned
I quit after 10 hours. The game is rough around the edges and everything looks copy pasted.
Unfortunately you sum up perfectly what the whole game is about. If you abandon the main campaign (which is neither that great but still "tolerable") the rest of the game it's just a bad copy of the Ubisoft games formula. I replayed the first and side missions were one of the best part of the experience. Probably because the combat system was infinitely more balanced and fun compared the sequel.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Its' a fun game. I would say better than Horizon:FW and even Elden Ring (although different type of game). I just had more fun in DL2.

Gandih42

Holy shit 20 million sales for just Dying Light 1, that's impressive. I had no idea the game was so popular. Kind of puts into perspective the kind of popularity a series like Dark Souls has in the broader gaming sphere, with "only" 27 million across all three games with multiple re-releases.

Super keen on trying it some day.

ahtlas7

It’s a slow burn game for me. Play a while then put it down, repeat. Ho hum.
I really don’t like the constant breaking weapons!

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Jeeeez, that's huge. I'm enjoying it a lot in co op. Just got back into it. Very fun game to just run around in and talk shit with your friends over the terrible dialogue.

Bought it day 1, enjoyed every minute of it despite some of it's flaws and if DL1 is anything to go by they will keep supporting it and adding content for *years* to come, outside of GaaS/mp centric games I can't think of any devs that support their titles to such a degree.

Wasn’t really happy with the PC version performance and lack of HDR. Ended up doing a Steam refund. Will be interesting to see how it performs down the road or if they remove denuvo.

Top Bottom