• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Confirms New Need For Speed, Plants Vs Zombies Games; Here's What We Know.

Pantz

Hey I'm willing to hold a little hope for a good NFS game. Looking forward to seeing what they have to show after taking a year off.

As much as I like the Forza Horizon games, they are still far from my ideal racing games. I still much prefer Test Drive Unlimited and Project Gotham Racing. My new favorite could come from anywhere and maybe even from Need for Speed.

Let's hope they learned from the last Need for Speed. Learned that people don't want a mobile experience on consoles, or a pay to win racing game. It's no fun having to grind for hours upon hours just to compete, because they want you to spend money.

I finished it, but it really pissed me off. It was so uneven too.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Here's what they should do:

1) Copy Forza Horizon 4

1000000) Copy Forza Horizon 4

I mean, literally, it is that simple, except that it isn't, cuz to make it happen you need to have extremely talented team and...

Phil Spencer

5dcb3ff89dc3c4dc-nintendo-best-first-party-phil-spencer-system-wars.gif

Last edited:

Stafford

Soooooo....

Is that new Plants VS Zombies game now still coming this year or.... what? Or was that nonsense?

Last edited:

DonF

I've been playing picnic and it's pretty solid. The game looks fantastic and runs beautifully.
I love the first menu, with it's 24 fps animation (deliberately) it looks like a stop motion film. I wish they could develop a game like that.

I would say that overall it's a better pvz2.

Soooooo....

Is that new Plants VS Zombies game now still coming this year or.... what? Or was that nonsense?

It's in Alpha right now and I've been playing it. Unfortunately, I can't speak much about it. However, I will say visually it's a massive improvement and I love where the gameplay is going and yes its codenamed Picnic.

I am playing it on Xbox Xone X there is a very obvious resolution bump, possibly 4K but I cant say for certain and it supoorts HDR. Everything now is much much cleaner than the previous 2 games. You will see the difference right away. It almost looks like a CG animated film (We're starting to get there)

I am really hoping that they will come out with some sort of an update for the PS5/Scarlett because it would be a shame to lose the playerbase. I would assume they would so, I was honestly hoping they'd delay it till next gen but that's not the case here.

Not sure if Picnic is the final name or if its gonna be GW3.

As far as when I'd assume this year with what I have played.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Replayed some of the franchise later offerings.
Undercover was such a shit show when I got it back then. My PC couldnt handle it, despite the specs being better then whats required. It always crashed when I changed cars or customized them. It was also buggy as hell. The physics, the open world, pretty much the entire game was unfinished. Game looked aight for 2008. Lots of bloom and pop up. I enjoyed the game though. Meaning, the fixed and patched version. This was still released way to early. A few months more development and it wouldve been a great sequel to Carbon. As it is now.. its aight.
The Run hat a cool concept.. and thats about it. Its way too short and scripted for its own worth. The QTEs dont make any sense in a game about driving cars. I like the idea of a race through the states, but the execution is mediocre to say the least.
Most Wanted 2012 was great, just neither a Need for Speed nor a Most Wanted sequel. As it stands though, its a great racing game.
Need for Speed was almost good. I dont like the controls though. And always online is cancer. Also I miss the variety of different modes UG and UG2 used to have and isn't that supposed to be a reboot of those games? Its mediocre. Not shit, but nothing amazing either, except the graphics.

*sigh* plants vs zombies as a shooter. Why did EA kill Popcap? PvZ was such a charming little game, I absolutely adored it, and tbh some of Popcap's other output too (oh for the innocent days when match-3 meant Bejewelled and not that monstrosity Candy Crush - also Chuzzle was awesome). Surely there's room in the world for more proper PvZ!

Thank the gods for Octogeddon, game made by the origianl PvZ devs!

Has all the charm and soul of PvZ, it's oozing with personality and goof only the PvZ people can deliver.

It's on Steam and Switch if you're curious about it...I surely recommend it!

EDMIX

If they do a Need For Speed like Forza Horizon, I might consider it, but if T.I's 24's is not playing ,its not a REAL Need For Speed game

Puskas

If they do a Need For Speed like Forza Horizon, I might consider it, but if T.I's 24's is not playing ,its not a REAL Need For Speed game
Payback is a poor man's Forza Horizon. Finally got to play this piece of shit of a game through EA access.

They shouldn't go down that route once again but rather focus solely on customization and the street racing aspect - simply building upon what they started with NFS 2015.

Shai-Tan

Banned
It's in Alpha right now and I've been playing it. Unfortunately, I can't speak much about it. However, I will say visually it's a massive improvement and I love where the gameplay is going and yes its codenamed Picnic.

I am playing it on Xbox Xone X there is a very obvious resolution bump, possibly 4K but I cant say for certain and it supoorts HDR. Everything now is much much cleaner than the previous 2 games. You will see the difference right away. It almost looks like a CG animated film (We're starting to get there)

I am really hoping that they will come out with some sort of an update for the PS5/Scarlett because it would be a shame to lose the playerbase. I would assume they would so, I was honestly hoping they'd delay it till next gen but that's not the case here.

Not sure if Picnic is the final name or if its gonna be GW3.

As far as when I'd assume this year with what I have played.

I know some just want a PvZ tower defense game without a million microtransactions but the two shooters were surprisingly good. I don't know why I didn't play them more. The arcade controls were refreshing after playing so many games with large amounts of bullet deviation/spread/recoil

EDMIX

Payback is a poor man's Forza Horizon. Finally got to play this piece of shit of a game through EA access.

They shouldn't go down that route once again but rather focus solely on customization and the street racing aspect - simply building upon what they started with NFS 2015.

'but rather focus solely on customization and the street racing aspect' they can have both if done right. Like Fast and Furious meets Initial D where you have to buy new parts to win races and win races to get money to buy new parts etc.

They have killed the NFS franchise. And I mean they have MASSACRED it.

Holy shit I think I've never seen that. With a friend we had a choice between playing Dusk, a retro game I had seen enough, and the last NFS. Of course I wanted to test it, and usually we have good fun with a game for at least a pair of hours until we call quit or continue if it's great.

We had never seen a game so bland, so boring, so vapid and empty ever before, that we didn't have the -motivation- to continue playing it. We're not talking about bugs, crap graphics or problematic gameplay, we're talking about a game that was so vapid and devoid of anything that even Asphalt 9 on mobile could be considered a 10x better game that this.

This was the first time I saw EA in it's quintessential industrial form.

Damn, if Asphalt is now a better (read: less shitty) franchise that's just embarrassing.

Thank the gods for Octogeddon, game made by the origianl PvZ devs!

Has all the charm and soul of PvZ, it's oozing with personality and goof only the PvZ people can deliver.

It's on Steam and Switch if you're curious about it...I surely recommend it!

This looks better than anything EA has put out this year. Also, sad about Popcap. 😕 I didn't know EA shut them down. Fuck you EA.

Top Bottom