• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA ends support of Battlefield 2042. Season 7 to be the last season

manfestival

Look I understand the feelings of the last few games and definitely feeling let down from this last one with the huge opportunity that they had to capitalize on the market and give us what we wanted. However, I do trust in Vince Zampella and his track record. FYI I did think BF5 had amazing gameplay and nice graphics. I loved BF1 as well. BF2042 just was a middling experience overall.
Though the game definitely is quite a looker despite its problems. Finally running it at max graphics and really like what I have been seeing.

NickFire

This eventually became really good but took too long and shortly after the king of fps sucked me back in with mw2. Was a decent run for a few months, long time after I actually paid for it of course.
I won’t be coming back for sequel. Maybe if player and critic reviews are good. And if they don’t insult audience.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

The game is actually very good now. Even people that hated it at launch should give it a try.

It’s my #1 multiplayer game right now and I’ve liked it enough to even buy the battlepass which I refuse to buy for every other game out there.
Big BF fan since 1942 and I did the same thing. I've missed BF gameplay a lot, so I figured I'd give it a shot after hearing better things from pals. Glad I did. I just hope the next iteration is better at launch across the board.

R6Rider

Gold Member
No, no it's not. It's still the worst battlefield since modern combat on the ps2.
No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Frontlines is back for limited time on 4 of the maps

This color scheme is absolutely horrendous. Who thought this was a good idea? What a shitty way to end support for the game. And it's honestly REALLY fucking pathetic that they can't figure out how to get a new gamemode on every map in the game.

The ONLY real enjoyment I've gotten out of this game has been playing with the bots with the HUD turned off on a custom hardcore server that I call Rapid Strike.

They consistently give me health and ammo when I request it and even fly aircraft. Sometimes they even win matches which is good enough for me.

I also decreased the sprint speed and removed the atrocious sliding mechanic. It's the closest that I've gotten this game to feel to a proper BF game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom