• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every ‘Overwatch 2’ Hero Is Getting A Self-Heal Passive, Including DPS And Tanks

Doom85

As a Sombra main, fine by me. I feel there’s a decent amount of support players who don’t follow hero reworks if they don’t play the character, as I swear a few support players almost never heal me despite Sombra’s rework makes her now need proper support instead of being able to teleport back to a health pack instantly.

Then you have the dumbasses who play DPS support (looking at you, plenty of Moira, Zenyatta, and Ana players) and then yell at the actual DPS for having low damage and maybe even less kills. No shit, Sherlock, when we’re not getting healed at all, it makes it difficult to get many kills, whodathunk?!

So yeah, this change seems fine to me. The people acting like this makes it a standard FPS are being ridiculous, all the characters still have unique abilities, this update won’t change that.

Last edited:

nikos

This is the main game I play and I'm honestly really looking forward to seeing how this works out.

I play every roll and definitely see how the passive healing will improve each. It's a tuned down version of what healers currently have, so I don't think it's going to be OP. It should at least help with being stuck with bad teammates.

I absolutely love that new Competitive Overview page. We need a better understanding of how ranks are being determined. I've gone up one rank on a 5-0 streak and downranked two levels on something like a 5-5. Win/Loss ratio determining rank should not be a thing. Individual performance needs to heavily be taken into consideration.

...there’s a massive set of gameplay and balance changes coming to that season, as well. Many of those changes are aimed at reducing damage spikes in combat.

I'm interested to see what this is about.

Hopefully all of these changes are a step in the right direction. I would love to see individual performance be more rewarding, both in game and rank outcome, which can mitigate the frustration of having weak teammates.

EDIT: Placement matches and a rank reset are also interesting. I'm excited to do those again.

EDIT 2: ALL of the competitive UI, rewards and matchmaking stuff sounds great. Definitely an improvement.

Last edited:
Top Bottom