• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every platform should display concurrent players.

yazenov

Yeah, well why stop there?

- They should also disclose software unit sold and at what price aka revenue.

- Splits between different platforms for mutiplatform games.

- And hardware sales.

Its nice to want things.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Yeah, well why stop there?

- They should also disclose software unit sold and at what price aka revenue.

- Splits between different platforms for mutiplatform games.

- And hardware sales.

Its nice to want things.
This. Unironically. Let it all come out. These companies know it will all get leaked one way or another so just officially disclose it. The shareholder scumfucks get this data but the paying loyal customers don't. Make it make sense

nial

Gold Member
I will admit I'm feeling like a dork since I thought the link was only about top-sellers by revenue, but...
with only CCU and peak today (so no historical data) for just the top 100, it doesn't feel nearly as useful as SteamDB, which is probably why I didn't even know it actually existed (even when I do have a Steam account).

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I will admit I'm feeling like a dork since I thought the link was only about top-sellers by revenue, but...
with only CCU and peak today (so no historical data) for just the top 100, it doesn't feel nearly as useful as SteamDB, which is probably why I didn't even know it actually existed (even when I do have a Steam account).

Steamdb is simply scraping the data that Valve provides themselves

nial

Gold Member
Steamdb is simply scraping the data that Valve provides themselves
Yeah, that seems obvious, but it's just more robust in general, which I understand. In that case, you do have a point in your OP, assuming the CCU data is available on a web page, rather than being console-locked.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Yeah, that seems obvious, but it's just more robust in general, which I understand. In that case, you do have a point in your OP, assuming the CCU data is available on a web page, rather than being console-locked.

Dude, what on earth are you waffling about?

Me: more platform should display concurrent player numbers

You: steamdb is not associated with Valve. Steamdb is more robust.

nial

Gold Member
Dude, what on earth are you waffling about?

Me: more platform should display concurrent player numbers

You: steamdb is not associated with Valve. Steamdb is more robust.
It inherently is, and I'm literally agreeing with you on that part? If they were open with that kind of data, then we could have a SteamDB equivalent for each platform. That's it.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
It inherently is, and I'm literally agreeing with you on that part? If they were open with that kind of data, then we could have a SteamDB equivalent for each platform. That's it.

The part that is confusing is you came in here posting a link to steamdb and quoted them as saying they aren’t affiliated with Valve and added no context to this

nial

Gold Member
The part that is confusing is you came in here posting a link to steamdb and quoted them as saying they aren’t affiliated with Valve and added no context to this
And I was wrong when I implied that Valve didn't have any CCU data available whatsoever, no problem in admitting that. I'm agreeing with your OP, there is nothing to argue here.

DaGwaphics

It would be an interesting statistic, but it seems like the consoles don't want to give any of this kind of clear numbers in the store. The most we get are the most played rankings.

Last edited:
Top Bottom