• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel(an ARPG game) ---Did you know about the existence of such a game?

Never played it myself but I remember seeing it alot in game stores at the time. Never ever realised it was a Fallout game until this week too. Even after playing Fallout 3 still never connected the two.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Yes, recently I‘ve been collecting Xbox games and as I was looking for top down hack n slash, I got my hands on title such as both dark alliances. But also Dungeon and Dragons Heroes AND Fallout brotherhood of steel.

They all share the same graphic engine and iirc, brotherhood of steel is the last to utilises It. The game itself doesn’t share many things from the series, don’t expect deep rpg systems or Fallout lore of any sort.

It’s a rather short game and repetitive by design but somehow charming and addicting just like dark alliance. You’ll be making your way through dungeon maze, fighting and looting. The writing and story is as cheesy and edgy as you can imagine. The type of game you can kick back to on a Sunday morning with a coffee and makes it through the end by the evening. Cool little hidden gem.

Bulletzen72

Yeah! I remember this! I loved Dark Alliance and this was well up my street. Such a shame it was shit. My love of ARPG's persist though!

Scotty W

Dark Alliance was a huge hit on the PS2 so everyone copied it. Champions of Norrath, Dark Alliance II, Brotherhood of Steel.
My roommates played 100’s of hours of Campions of Norrath (and its sequel?) and I have never seen anyone on the internet mention it, ever.

Isn't this one of the things that killed Interplay?

I mean Fallout 1 and 2 were amazing and they followed it up with Tactics (decent but a massive departure), and then this trash that shouldn't bear the Fallout name.

Producers/Studios were making the same stupid decisions back then as today (Rocksteady....)

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Still have my copy

85ZhUlr.jpg

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
No one is saying it's a complete disaster. I remember enjoying Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance on PS2, so this game has started to catch my interest.

Top Bottom