• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout London Overhaul Mod Delayed (No Current Window) - Will Wait for Next-Gen Patch - Will be Hosted on GOG, not Nexus Mods

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

While it sounds disappointing on paper, they're doing the right thing by waiting for the next-gen patch to make sure none of the mods it incorporates break the game after the update.

The guy is very earnest in his explanation in the video, highly recommend to give it a view.

And they also confirmed that the mod is too big to bring to console (even though the console version has mod support).

Last edited:

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Yeah I don't buy it telling modders they are too much of a pea brain to stop an update or use an old version of the game in order to run the mod isn't a good excuse if you ask me I would prefer it if they simply said they missed their launch date because they are still working on the project.

The GOG version of the game exists right there without the force update complications that the Steam version has.

Puscifer

Yeah I don't buy it telling modders they are too much of a pea brain to stop an update or use an old version of the game in order to run the mod isn't a good excuse if you ask me I would prefer it if they simply said they missed their launch date because they are still working on the project.

The GOG version of the game exists right there without the force update complications that the Steam version has.

So much a version update change can cause issues. Windows 11 and Mac OS still identify as previous versions under the hood because it would break so many things.

Last edited:

killatopak

Have you tried modding Skyrim nowadays? I keep getting notification for updates on nexus about new versions of mods getting bugfixes due to the game itself getting constantly updated.

Some mods are still stuck on the Special Edition version. While it is possible to make London only work on the current version of the game, some of the base features of the next gen patch are enticing for PC players such as widescreen support.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Have you tried modding Skyrim nowadays? I keep getting notification for updates on nexus about new versions of mods getting bugfixes due to the game itself getting constantly updated.

Some mods are still stuck on the Special Edition version. While it is possible to make London only work on the current version of the game, some of the base features of the next gen patch are enticing for PC players such as widescreen support.
They are free to do what they want of course but nothing is stopping them from releasing the mod as is and making an update for it later....that is unless my initial suspicion is correct and their current build isn't up the scratch.

Speaking for myself non of the new features apply to me so the delay is meaningless on my end.

It is what it is thou there's nothing to be done about it.

Last edited:

Bkdk

This so called next gen update will nuke off the community for fallout 4 pc to dust. So many past mods won’t be usable and since this game is old plus Bethesda reputation has plummeted, most modders won’t be bothered to update those original fallout 4 mods, so basically many mods won’t be playable anymore, steam has no option to stop games updates, all they have is stop update till you launch the game or you just turn steam offline forever. If Bethesda cares they would at least put the update on modding sites this is optional, otherwise this is goodbye to fallout 4.

mdkirby

So, now I just need them to get it working on steam, then microsoft to add steam to xbox, so I can actually play it 🤣

Top Bottom