• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| Excalibur in your pocket

Arabesque

First impression: at least it's not Saber for once

Second impression: boy, that Mash(u) redraw is showcasing/emphasising a lot of her body. Especially compared to how she used to be drawn in promos before games launch/early days. Like, the inner suit looks more fanservicy than usual, even in game pose isn't that accentuating.

Status of Tsukihime remake: 2008~????

I honestly wonder how many Fate/ games had been released in the time span the Tsukihime remake had been in production at this point. Like, it has to be greater than 10, right?

Fate/Grand Order - First Order

Yes, they made a single-episode anime special out of this. No, don't stop reading yet.

This ended up being way, way better than it had any right to be. It actually was pretty damn good. As you might guess from the title, it covers the story of "First Order", the Prologue episode from the game. The actual game became less and less serious as time went on in terms of story, but the Prologue plays the premise completely straight and so does this anime.

The actual animation is extremely decent and the fights are convincingly Fate. The characters are represented very well and gain additional backstory and motivations over what little is seen in the game. It's actually enjoyable enough that it would have worked out as a full-length series if the story of Grand Order actually had stayed more or less on point.

They were able to fill 72 minutes up with this and it didn't drag at all. As animes based on mobile gacha games go, it measures up to the strangely high standard set by Rage of Bahamut: Genesis.

Strimei

An English localization just got announced by Aniplex at Sakuracon, for those that didn't see the news.

There will be US-servers and from what I read you won't be able to transfer over. There will be US-exclusive servants, though its not clarified if its already existing ones or ones made exclusively for this version.

Will us Japanese audio.

They hope to bring over the limited time events too.

Arabesque

wow, sure been a while since I last posted here. And been a longer while since someone updated that google spreedsheet ...

Been making progress through the Japanese game, and I wont stop even with the English version being out. Its disappointing to not have a way to transfer accounts, but I do understand the reasoning for it (you can't just have people showing up with 2 years worth of content on a game a few days old).

I guess EvilKatarn is going to have to update that OP now then.

There will be US-servers and from what I read you won't be able to transfer over. There will be US-exclusive servants, though its not clarified if its already existing ones or ones made exclusively for this version.

It was awkwardly worded, but the exclusive servants are meant to be exclusive/new to F/GO, not that they are new to the English/US version of the game. They mention Thomas Edison for example, who is a servant in the American chapter of the game.

But I guess it does mean they are starting out with the game updated as it is in Japan as well, minus the limited and event servants.

Strimei

It was awkwardly worded, but the exclusive servants are meant to be exclusive/new to F/GO, not that they are new to the English/US version of the game. They mention Thomas Edison for example, who is a servant in the American chapter of the game.

But I guess it does mean they are starting out with the game updated as it is in Japan as well, minus the limited and event servants.

Gotcha, yeah that's different than the report I had heard. Thanks for clarifying.

Hey, I know that FGO is coming to America, but do you think thered be any advantage to playing the JP version instead of waiting? Does FGO have an english translation on the JP version like Granblue?

On the eve of the US launch, I'm counting my lucky stars that I managed to get the unholy combo of Jalter, Waver, and Merlin in my JP account.

Going to feel weird having to start from zero again.

I just rolled Emiya in JP after reading a reddit post about someone happy they finally get to pick him in English after not rolling for years.

Is Heracles the best pick? Based on what I've seen I'm leaning that way, anyone here have strong opinions?

I just rolled Emiya in JP after reading a reddit post about someone happy they finally get to pick him in English after not rolling for years.

Is Heracles the best pick? Based on what I've seen I'm leaning that way, anyone here have strong opinions?

Weird post from that guy in that case. You could also get Emiya for free in the JP version a while back. I personally have NP5 Emiya with one of those being from said promo.

Heracles would definitely be one of the top picks from the selection. I would try to get him to NP2 by getting one through rerolls and the other from your free pick. People say he should make the early game easy and with his guts and dodge he's one of the more survivable Berserkers.

nlvUpnS.jpg

For CEs do you not get the bonus until you MAX break it?

Like for example Be Elegant starts as 25% enhancement to C Star Drop Rate and at MAX break it's 30% enhancement. Does it not gradually grow to 30%?

Labrys

started playing the JP version; is there a good way to predict when limited servants will come back? i managed to get the summer nero and the sherlock from this round of limiteds, and the next one I'd like to save for is Iskandar whenever he'll be back.

Top Bottom