• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: NYGX2, 4 CPT events, Dreamhack MTL, SSC, VSL, Lionz Den

Man... the road for any of Kazu, Daigo, Nemo, and Eita is extremely difficult. Win or lose you are up against an extremely dangerous opponent.

Kazu vs Daigo
Nemo vs Eita

Eita eliminates Yukadon in losers
Iori eliminates Nemo in losers ;_;

Top 8
Daigo vs Haitani
Mago vs Go1

Eita vs
Iori vs Youshikibi

ScribbleD

Daigo has been practicing his fireball timing vs Necalli. It's one of the biggest differences I'm seeing between now and some how previous sets with Haitani.

OMG, Daigo finally beat Haitani. FINALLY.

Daigo has definitely stepped up his game lately. He beat Kazu who was sort of a demon for him, destroyed Nemo who is an amazing player, and now took out one of his demons. It's still a really hard road ahead though but for the first time I feel confident that he can win it now instead of just hoping.

He needs to win for the cpt points or else he can kiss capcom cup goodbye. I just don't see him winning any premiers anytime soon.

Daigo can always just farm points in Latin America, Europe, and NA. Just look at his results before this event. He's 3/4 for top 8 at premier events, got 3rd at that round robin tournament defeating Infil, and got 3rd place at the last Japanese ranking event.

The evidence suggests he'll be a heavy favorite should he attend ranking events elsewhere. The players that need to start worrying are Bonchan, Snake Eyez, Gamerbee, etc... because the results don't really hint at them being able to get a lot of points even if they go to weaker events.

My god that Daigo vs GO1 match. The 4th match nearly ended me. And then Daigo lets GO1 off the hook again with a Yukadon-esque choke by not punishing Chun's whiffed super. Before he even screwed that up I was thinking "Fuck the jump in, just do solar plexus, cr. HP, HP DP, Super. That's good enough man".

Karin players are obsessed with having Super aren't they? They refuse to use the meter to anti air. I think Daigo is jumping a lot partially to try and get Mago to burn meter but he won't do it.

Stayed up to watch the whole thing only to watch Daigo fall short :(

He did better against Mago in the rematch but Mago made some good adjustments to take those games after being down 0-2. I guess it's on to ECT for Daigo now.

Fuckkkkkk

Good result though. Getting 64 points in Japan is really difficult. Other tournaments won't be as hard. Just has to keep going to those ranking events.

Just realized this now but Daigo is now qualified for the Asia regional finals. Mago already qualified from another tournament earlier this year so Daigo gets the spot because of that. So that's some good news for him despite not winning the event.

Tripon

All the tournaments are over this weekend with EG Justin Wong beating Melty Will2Pac in grand finals. Next week, VSL semis for Tekken, Summer Jam X, Hong Kong ranking event that most of Asia will go to and whatever else people recommends for the thread.

Top Bottom