• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Is A Game Meant to Be Played More Than Once; New Footage Showcases Yuffie, Titan

Draugoth

Gold Member
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth was designed for multiple playthroughs, according to the game's co-director.

Speaking during today's panel at this year's edition of the Taipei Game Show, as reported by Genki on X/Twitter, co-Director Motomu Toriyama said how the game was designed to be played through more than once, featuring the same Chapter Selection feature seen in its predecessor. As some additional content was available for a second playthrough in Remake, it is quite likely it will be the same in its sequel.

During today's Final Fantasy VII Rebirth panel, Motomu Toriyama also talked about some of the story additions over the original, confirming the second part of the remake project will feature a brand new episode in Costa del Sol.

Alongside the new information, today's Final Fantasy VII Rebirth panel also featured some new gameplay footage showcasing an extended Chocobo Race, Yuffie, who seems to have retained most of her combat tools seen in the Intergrade DLC, the Titan summon and a Synergy Attack between Aerith and Cait Sith.

VvCbVQy.jpg
qIAGZU6.jpg

AKFJKIg.jpg

Via Wccftech

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Great to see Toriyama actually getting some press. He's the best game director left at the company. Just a shame he's stuck on remakes. Big waste of creativity.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
These games not really Remakes, in fact there are people who are still triggered about the fact these games are not 1:1 remakes.
I know they have some differences. Just saying I'd like to see new characters, new world, new stories from Toriyama and the XIII team. X and XIII are among the best. Its a waste to spend a decade of this guy's career on minor differences from VII. End of my derail.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I know the combat is different. I was talking about the story changes.
That even true with story, character like Jessie get A LOT more character development compare to original FFVII.....not mention characters seeing vision of event happened FFVII advent children.

Last edited:
Top Bottom