• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI gets ESRB Rating (it’s spicy)

Me likey!
Give It To Me Want GIF by Mashed

Square2015

How will this help sales in Japan? It doesn't look like XVI will be a million seller and going off of current pre-orders even 500k might be difficult (God hope not). S-E doing so much to not have another poor selling FF in the West. It would be another disappointment if this doesn't sell 2 million+ in the US. FFXIII sold 1.8m which was a disappointment despite being the first multiplatform (thanks Micro$oft) selling less than XII (1.85m). We haven't got a confirmation from NPD if XV reached 2m or not.
This had better sell at least half as much as Skyrim in the US (5m+) because of all this effort to make it western-like at the expense of harming its success in Japan.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
because of all this effort to make it western-like
Please explain to me what part of the game is “western-like” ? The character designs is nothing like any WRPG, I don’t think any WRPG plays anything like FFXV and if talking dark fantasy setting, you do realize games like Drakengard exist that also has dark fantasy setting.

You guys have such a shallow view of Japanese games suppose to look like.

Top Bottom