• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Human to Receive Neuralink Implant Says It Lets Him Play Civilization VI

Draugoth

Gold Member
00685ZjewuHV1LoJIz26Xts-1.fit_lim.size_1600x900.v1710971652.jpg

The first human to receive Neuralink’s brain implant says it’s changed his life for the better, allowing him to use a computer simply with his mind.

In a live stream on Wednesday, Neuralink introduced 29-year-old Nolan Arbaugh, a quadriplegic who agreed to receive the brain chip back in January. He’s since been using the implant to remotely control a mouse cursor on his computer.

Thanks to the implant, he’s also been able to play the PC game Civilization VI, outside of the Neuralink research sessions. This recently resulted in eight-hour gaming session until his implant needed to be recharged wirelessly.

“It’s crazy. It really is. It’s so cool. I’m so freaking lucky to be a part of this,” he added during the nine-minute live stream. “Everyday, it seems like we’re learning new stuff.”
Source

killatopak

You mean to say I can control a PC without using my hands?

Add VR into this and a couple of tissues and lotion and we have gamechanger in our hands.

I think there are headsets or whatever they are called in the market that allow the same thing without an actual implant.

Top Bottom