• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes: "Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League's Joker Season Is Unbelievably Bad"

Durin

Neo Member
Definitely convinced me that it's not just the publisher pushing for live service nonsense, or even the consulting they hired...Rocksteady definitely had some brain drain of actual talent.

This looks more cringe than the base game story.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Finished the grind for joker, and while he's fun to use with his traversal mechanic, there's zero story content, and pretty much nothing else to do afterwards, that's probably why they put him behind the grind wall (that and selling him to players who can't be bothered to grind).
This was episode 1 of 2, so perhaps the new missions and story content are in episode 2, but I doubt it, probably just more gear to grind for no reason.

Varteras

Gold Member
Surprised The Shock GIF by The Bachelorette

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I took a peak at their reddit. People are pissed about this (who actively play)....despite everyone under the sun telling those people before release that the game is a scam. They now act surprised lol.

Part of the reason why video gaming is in the toilet it is at the moment is because we’ve had decades of players way too willing to believe marketing bullshit. I don’t know another industry with such a gullible and accepting audience.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Man I cant even watch the videos about this game ... when making games became about "lets make a rainbow throw-up on the screen" ??... look at all the pretty colors!

Its like a pre-school project with babys using their hands on paint or some modern "artist" doing the same shit for the next reveal at MoMa.

When color diarrhea became art ? Damn.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Ah yes. You totally haven't played it, but still felt the need to post a salty comment.

Of course.
I haven’t. I played it, beat it and then forgot about it.

My point was only ever that the core gameplay was good. No more, no less.

To think, Rocksteady could have given us a new Batman game, or a Superman game, or a Justice League game, or anything other than this live service trash. It's almost as if they weren't onto a winning formula... you know, the same one featured in the much beloved and highly successful Arkham franchise - the franchise that sold tonnes and made them a fortune.

Ultimately, the concept was clearly flawed. I'm not sure people were ever all that interested in playing as the Suicide Squad with the purpose of killing the Justice League. It is clear to me that someone at the top of Rocksteady has pushed this concept hard, likely in the face of pushback from others at the company. I have no evidence of this but it seems likely.

Here's an idea, listen up Rocksteady, give us proper remakes of the Arkham games in UE5, perhaps give us a new Batman game based upon either the Court of Owls story line or Hush. Or hell, give us a Batman of the Future game. Or a Superman game. Maybe a Batman VS Superman game that could lead smoothly into a future Justice League game - or even just go straight into the Justice League. Hell, I'd even settle for a proper Flash game based upon the Flashpoint Paradox story. There are almost an infinite number of options and these guys went with a live service Suicide Squad kills the Justice League... thats actually funny in a laugh at the incompetence sort of way - whatever were they thinking???

Denorion

Neo Member
Just a reminder, from the leaks, the next characters for s02-s04 are: Ms Freeze, Lawless and Deathstroke
If a playable Joker can't drive up interest in the game, I can't see how those three will

Valt7786

Just a reminder, from the leaks, the next characters for s02-s04 are: Ms Freeze, Lawless and Deathstroke
If a playable Joker can't drive up interest in the game, I can't see how those three will

If they gave people an actual Joker to play as and not this bastardized Gen Z joker then they might have done. I mean, not much, but more than they have now.

To think, Rocksteady could have given us a new Batman game, or a Superman game, or a Justice League game, or anything other than this live service trash. It's

They can't, because the current WB management (and Rocksteady too) hate the IPs they want to exploit. They are on a mission to destroy their legacies and the only possible result is a game like Suicide Squad. For the kind of game you mention they need talent and I reckon there is none left in Rocksteady.

stn

I lost all interest when I saw they just gave each character a gun. What's the point of playing as Deadshot, the actual gun user in the group, when everyone uses guns the same way? Very boring and uninspired. I would have been much more interested if each character had unique gameplay and different missions required strategy and some type of coordination. At one point I was willing to still buy the game on sale just as a fan of comics, but after seeing SBI was involved, I removed it from my wishlist.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

I didn't even know they were doing this :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It's like they want to lose money.

Shubh_C63

The first and last season.

Someone please somehow leak the entire story (if there is one) for the remaining seasons.

Ristifer

Hoping Rocksteady comes out and says this was all a massive April Fools’ joke and then reveals a new Arkham game.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I lost all interest when I saw they just gave each character a gun. What's the point of playing as Deadshot, the actual gun user in the group, when everyone uses guns the same way?
They don't really all use guns the same way because there's different types, and only deadshot and boomerang can use sniper rifles and only deadshot has a skill tree dedicated to sniper rifles; before joker he was also the only one that could hover in the air, but he still has a skill tree designed around staying in the air more than joker.

AgatonSax

Maybe in another 8 years they will release a game that earns enough revenue to restore them back to their 2015 financial situation. I would suspect not though.

Top Bottom