• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels Expansion is out - MS, start a new IP!

What makes FH2 so different? Even UI is exactly the same as FH3, 4 and 5. You have boards to smash, speed cameras to beat, roads to discover and barns to find. It's the same game.
Those activities you listed are pillars of the franchise. I actually enjoy exploring the game world and having to find creative ways to reach billboards or speeding through a highway dodging cars at 200mph until I reach the speedtrap.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
There has been a 60fps mode since launch.

purple drank GIF

So I spent nearly 100 hours with the game on Xbone and you're telling me it had a 60fps mode?!

Last edited:

Certinty

Unpopular opinion but:
- Blizzard Mountain > Hot Wheels
- Fortune Island > LEGO

I actually think this Hot Wheels DLC is quite a bit better than Horizon 3’s but I’m much more looking forward to the next DLC.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Reviewed by Luke Reilly on Xbox Series X. Also available on Xbox and PC.

"Returning to a well the Playground team previously tapped with the killer Hot Wheels expansion for Forza Horizon 3 means Forza Horizon 5 Hot Wheels isn’t able to arrive with the same infectiously unique splash, but it’s clear why the decision was made to return to this idea: Forza’s high-speed brand of life-sized, toy-themed stunt racing is still a riotous good time. We’re certainly in a golden era for Hot Wheels-themed racing games right now, with Milestone’s surprisingly brilliant Hot Wheels Unleashed successfully carving up its own patch of orange plastic as well, but Forza Horizon 5 Hot Wheels is an essential expansion for new and returning Forza fans."

Last edited:

chixdiggit

Great fun. The only thing I don't like is that it's damn near impossible to play in cockpit mode. Either you are looking at the curved track angled in front of you or you have some wacky engine or hood scoop obstructing your view. Still a great time.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Forza Horizon 5 released its highly-anticipated Hot Wheels DLC a few weeks back, so if you're interested in once again putting the "Pedal to the Mattel" in Forza Horizon 5, then check out the first few races of this expansion, captured on Xbox Series X in 4K 60fps.

Timestamps:
00:00:00 - Intro Cinematic
00:01:10 - Intro Race
00:05:55 - Ice, Ice, Maybe? (Rookie Qualifier)
00:07:40 - History of Speed
00:10:50 - Forest Gorge Hazard Sprint

Fredrik

Is Lego going to be the second DLC?
Hopefully not! Didn’t like that in FH4.

Which reminds me, I suddenly had crying kids when that DLC came… They were so excited and thought they would be able to build with the Lego pieces you drive around to collect. They still had decent fun in the end though.

Last edited:
I decided to jump on it with the bundle upgrade and I don’t really enjoy it. Though admittedly I didn’t play a ton.

The Hot Wheels is only fun when it’s at super high speeds, and while it looks really fucking good I just don’t enjoy the hot wheels part.

Forza Horizon used to be my favorite for the entire past generation but I just don’t enjoy it as much as I used to.

My biggest problem with Horizon and Forza in general is progression because there really isn’t any. They throw cars and money at you so fast that you’re driving a Supercar like an hour in. I want to feel like I’m working up to the big boys and you have no incentive to really change cars as the majority of races you can just choose your current car.

Horizon 5 improved a lot but also took steps back in my opinion. I don’t like the new system with upgrading festival sites and I don’t like the new way of getting showcases. I like the more linear progression for showcases.

I do however like the fact that seasons are gone. I much prefer having the option versus logging in and being forced to race in the snow, etc.

This is the least amount of time I’ve spent with a Horizon game since 2.

Fox Mulder

I decided to jump on it with the bundle upgrade and I don’t really enjoy it. Though admittedly I didn’t play a ton.

The Hot Wheels is only fun when it’s at super high speeds, and while it looks really fucking good I just don’t enjoy the hot wheels part.

Forza Horizon used to be my favorite for the entire past generation but I just don’t enjoy it as much as I used to.

My biggest problem with Horizon and Forza in general is progression because there really isn’t any. They throw cars and money at you so fast that you’re driving a Supercar like an hour in. I want to feel like I’m working up to the big boys and you have no incentive to really change cars as the majority of races you can just choose your current car.

Horizon 5 improved a lot but also took steps back in my opinion. I don’t like the new system with upgrading festival sites and I don’t like the new way of getting showcases. I like the more linear progression for showcases.

I do however like the fact that seasons are gone. I much prefer having the option versus logging in and being forced to race in the snow, etc.

This is the least amount of time I’ve spent with a Horizon game since 2.

Seasons aren’t gone, they’re just shit because it’s in Mexico. There’s a rotation of hot, wet, storm, and dry seasons you barely notice.

Forza Horizon will never have full progression where you start off in a low car. They have at least recently starting encouraging you to win with a certain difficulty level for full completion at least.

Last edited:
Top Bottom