• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FromSoft´s Lead Producer Kitao: "Elden Ring DLC release is still a little ways off, but progress is going well"

Info came just an hour ago via an interview during the PlayStation Awards with FromSoft´s Lead Producer Kitao.

image.png

Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

I wonder how big this dlc is going to be. From usually doesn't disappoint with DLC (except for Ashes of Ariendel...).

Tried to do that fight at lvl 12 for 3 days to enter the Ringed City. 3 phases with full hp each phase (and a helper) and me with limited estus/healing items. Never got past the 3rd phase. After giving up, it only took me 1 day to get to the final boss area of the main game and enter the Ringed City from there.

That sounds very challenging. If done at recommended level, it is a phenomenal boss fight.

Mephisto40

I wonder how big this dlc is going to be. From usually doesn't disappoint with DLC (except for Ashes of Ariendel...).
If they are planning on charging any more than $30 for it I would expect a sizeable new area, considering that's half the price of the base game

If they are planning on charging any more than $30 for it I would expect a sizeable new area, considering that's half the price of the base game
I'm betting it will be similar in size to Liurnia of the Lakes, probably with 2 legacy dungeons. That is my expectation at least. 30$ seems fair for that

Last edited:

Mephisto40

I'm betting it will be similar in size to Liurnia of the Lakes, probably with 2 legacy dungeons. That is my expectation at least. 30$ seems fair for that
I'm thinking the same, unless they go down the route of creating a more linear dark souls style experience, which I wouldn't be against tbh

Last edited:
Bloodborne eh? What could that mean in this context?

Is it going to be full of those chalice dungeons?

Are we gonna farm blood vials now?

Am I getting a cool new cane weapon?

Hmmmmm 🤔

Blindy

Take your time with this please boys. If it is one giant DLC, it will be so worth it. The way FROM treats these DLCs(for the most part), they're practically like mini games.

Paltheos

Still curious how this will pan out in the context of Elden Ring's loop. Are we getting a new open world area with a legacy dungeon? Just one, big legacy dungeon? I hope something like the latter.

They can take their time as much as they want, because I know they always deliver.....But I guess this means this expansion is not coming out in Feb like rumours suggest.

But we are getting some new trailer in TGA this year......right?

wonder-chef.gif
I am wondering the same. It doesn't seem that this was deliberately announced to avoid fan disappointment at tga. They were part of the awards and had to answer a question so there is a chance for trailer at tga. However yes, game is not coming anytime soon.

Shifty1897

Bro... We're almost 2 years from release. HOW is the DLC taking this long? FF16 is putting out 2 DLCs within 9 months from launch.

If it was an April date then we would have seen it at the VGA.

November 2024 or I wouldn’t doubt if From just releases Elden Ring 2 in 2025 instead.

Three years for DLC is pretty slow

tommib

Bro... We're almost 2 years from release. HOW is the DLC taking this long? FF16 is putting out 2 DLCs within 9 months from launch.
Because From Software is probably working on making the biggest and best DLC the world has seen. I agree that at this point they should just call it Elden Ring 2 - it’s too long time indeed in production for an expansion.

But these guys after all the critical and financial success of the title have probably raised their quality requirements to the highest heavens. They’re dying to impress the community all over again.

Last edited:

mystech

I’m thinking they give a glimpse of it for the Elden Ring 2nd anniversary with hands on previews coming soon after to build hype and then launch.

Still surprised we didn’t see it at TGA. I almost would have bet on that.

Frustrating that it wasn't shown at the awards but it's not as if there isn't plenty to be playing otherwise. Myself, I've started yet another file in Elden Ring and it's just as compulsive as ever.

Top Bottom