• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fumito Ueda's Slow Road to Perfection by Simon Parkin @ The New Yorker

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Hopefully he stays in console development after this. It would be a shame if we lost him to mobile developement.

I think he will continue on with Sony. Their relationship seems good coming from what we heard from both sides. They are pushing the game with a sizable ad campaign and having q guy like Ueda with your company gives it a bit of prestige and artistic legtimacy. I hope we see further collaborations between them.

sonicmj1

Seeing how Ueda found success by prioritizing the things that will give him the most freedom to procrastinate should give hope to us all.

DunpealD

also this:

Cy2IJ5aW8AAiRks.jpg:orig

The article in question by the same writer: The Guardian: Bloodborne creator Hidetaka Miyazaki: ‘I didn’t have a dream. I wasn’t ambitious'

Mexen

Ico and SotC are incredible games and I can relate to the inspirational cues taken from them.
I am so happy that a game I first saw and hyped as a teenager is finally here and I'm almost 30 now haha.

panchos

Neo Member
When it came to our turn to perform, we just went for each other. There was no holding back. So much so that my friend knocked me out. It left a huge pain around my face, neck and shoulders. If I remember correctly that took place in 1994. Twenty-two years later, I still have a pain in my neck from that fight. It still creeps up sometimes, on a cold day.

Full transcript of the interview with a ton more details:

http://bit.ly/2hp0Gzy

Ueda truly is a gift to the industry. He has such a unique direction, thats its even hard to draw analogies with other mediums. His games will stand the test of time despite technical faults due to the experiences they invoke.

Top Bottom