• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Madden 2005 X-box Tournament III: Bored like Wood

it's time again, time for the awesomeness that is the madden GA tournaments. maybe some of you missed it last year, but we completed 10 tournaments for the PS2 version, and it was a lot of fun. many of us have moved onto the xbox version, a few stayed with the ps2 version, and some of us will be participating in both. but, this thread is for the xbox version only, so keep that in mind at all times!

* I've sent everyone on my buddylist a message with the sign-in info, but i'm posting here as well
* LEGIT TOURNAMENT! no cheesing (and madden 2005, contrary to popular belief, will not be free of cheese)

* Remember, the madden servers probably won't be up and completely stable for about a week after release. It sucks that it won't be up and 100% reliable from day 1, but this is online gaming reality! So, don't get discouraged and lose interest and pout about it! It's going to happen, don't be surprised

* Don't even bother posting in this thread if you aren't going to particpate. It's only wasting everyones time, and then we have to scramble to find people when you flake

* As of right now, the official quarter length for RANKED games is going to be 4 minutes. This is according to EA themselves. This is going to be a RANKED tournament. It sucks, and I wish they would boost the quarter lengths to 5 mins at least, but what are you gonna do?
--------

TO SIGN UP:

1. Go to Game Modes
2. Go to Online Events
3. Go to Search Tournament
4. Find the tournament named Gaf III
5. Enter password: Dorsey

To save time, we're just going to do it like this: first come first serve, but you don't have to post it here. Just go on XBL and sign in! If you aren't a member of GA then don't sign in! Lets get this done quick ladies! good luck

and, just like last year, i'll start listing past champs!

1. Gunstar77 - Philadelphia Eagles (defeated Buccaneers/DMczaf 12-7)
2. DMczaf - Tampa Bay Buccaneers (defeated Cardinals/FMT 37-18)

Fifty

Good to see this. With no movement on the leagues front, it's nice to have something to do with Madden. :)

Ramirez

Naw,Ive been taking my Xbox back and forth from my home to his to play Fable on my surround sound,I forgot to bring it back up here with me today,so if there is still a spot open tomorrow I'd join,but it wont kill me if there isn't :p

Fifty

Well we have 17 for the league....I can only hope that they'll magically appear once the leagues go up...although I doubt it if this is our turnout.

Fifty

I advanced. I'll play either FMT or Gunstar. Both of whom I always do awful against.

In our game Grossman and Boller did such a poor job that they would have made Rob Johnson and Jeff George look like Manning and McNair.

8 turnovers

All INTS.

Slo

Could someone please tell me who I'm playing? I've been away from my Xbox. Please and thanks. :)

Attention whoeveryouare! When do you want to play?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
So the rounds are two days now?

Guys, this is all well and good for those of you that have the spare time, but I am trying to climb the corporate ladder as it is, and Slo is a working father of two. I have my ESPN game tonight as well, and I have to be up in... oh about 7 hours. I know you guys want to play your games and all but could you at least have some sympathy for those of us that can't stick around the Xbox all day? Even if I do advance I likely won't be around for much of tomorrow night, and most of Saturday into Sunday afternoon, which would be the entire round.

How's it going to be for leagues, one night?

Slo

We're fucked. I can't log into EA's servers and both CK and I have long days of pencil pushing ahead of us. Oh well, I guess I'll just take a DNF. :(

Slo

Looks like CK withdrew, so you'll be playing me. That's a shitty way to advance, but I'll take it. :D

CK, 48 hours is the longest it will allow me to set it. i would love to have 5 day limit like in madden 2004, but it won't allow you. 48 hours is the longest you can set the deadline for, sorry man

Fifty

I can't believe how much I suck. Pathetic play on my part. I had negative yards for most of the game. Jevon Kearse had 4 sacks. I'm thinking about using a different team...Using the Ravens just takes too much out of me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
I can't believe how much I suck. Pathetic play on my part. I had negative yards for most of the game. Jevon Kearse had 4 sacks. I'm thinking about using a different team...Using the Ravens just takes too much out of me.

I blame ESPN for that. Madden seemed so alien to me after playing so much ESPN.

FMT: Sorry man I was running on little sleep last night and the girl I was seeing pissed me off a bit, so everything was getting to me. I shoulda known about the 48 hour deadline.

DMczaf

Who wants a piece of Slo's BS officials?!

NOBODY! Thats who!

106-0668_IMG_2.JPG

Slo

It would work out best for me to play after 10:00 PM Central time. My kids are usually asleep by then. If that doesn't work out for you I can try to be flexible. :)

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Congrats Slo, nice win. That had to be the worst game I have ever played, nothing beats when I thought that kick off was going out of bounds but stayed in play. Then you miss the easy FG. All game long I had open WR in middle and kept trying to tap the button so the ball would go over your LB but he always would jump and pick it out of the air. Oh well, I will have my revenge. :)

Slo

That was an ugly game all around. The Eagles evidently like to blitz on EVERY DOWN, just like in real life. :D I had Culpepper throwning off balance all night and I'm lucky I didn't have a ton of picks. Good game.

Fifty

Since it looks like the leagues could take anywhere from a few days, to a few weeks...we should start another tournament. I hesitated saying this, simply because I'm gone tomorrow and I don't want it to fill up without me :p

I went to the EA forums, to look into the lack of leagues..All I could find was a generic statement from an EA Rep (albeit one who "regretted" only being able to tell us that they're testing it now and that it's not ready) While it pisses the hell out of me, I'm prepared for a long wait.

Slo

Waiting a day or two is fine with me. Gives me more time to have my WORLD GAF MADDEN CHAMPION T-Shirts made up. :D

Top Bottom