• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games from the PS360 generation that have never been surpassed?

chemicals

Just a few from the top of my head::

Need For Speed.
-- Last gen we had Underground 1 and 2, the new Hot Pursuit, the new Most Wanted (Burnout Paradise with less FPS and MORE laggy controls) all of these great racers. This gen we get Rivals and the reboot with the on-purpose-cheese videos.

Arkham.
-- Last gen we had Asylum, City, and Origins. Three classics. This gen we get Knight with the forced batmobile stuff that (although fun) really breaks the feel of the game (if that makes any sense).

Halo.
-- Last gen the masterful Halo 3, pleasant oddity H3ODST, Halo Reach, Halo Wars. This gen we get the devisive Halo 5 and broken MCC.

Call Of Duty.
-- Last gen..... COD2 (landmark xb360 launch title), COD4, Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops 1 and 2. This gen it's Ghost, Advanced Warfare, and BLOPS3.

* SO, my question is this: Why can't devs duplicate the genius of those franchises I mentioned? ("on new consoles" if you are a console gamer, or "for the past 3 years" if you are a PC gamer.)??

Toss me down a flight of stairs if I fail and new games are better than old games.

Top Bottom