• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godzilla Four Day Monsterthon All Out Attack on El Rey

Ponn

Banned
Just noticed if you have El Rey they are having four days straight of pretty much all the Godzilla movies. If you have El Rey this is perfect watch-a-thon event. I missed out on some of the 90's and 2000 era Godzilla films and was trying to collect some but this is perfect for me to catch up on them since they seem to be showing all of them.

Listing the schedule per day as they appear. Going to list first showings of each movie but there are repeats sprinkled in between as the days go on.

Today

Terror of Mechagodzila - Classic for me, next to Smog Monster. I saw this one so many times as a kid. The sea monster with the funny roar and of course JET JAGUAR!

Godzilla - The crappy 1998. Get some dinner, get supplies for the coming days or take a bath you filthy slob.

Godzilla 2000 - I saw this one, it was a decent palate cleanser of the horrible American Godzilla.

Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla 2 - Ok now we are getting into some of the 90's ones I missed, looking forward to this.

Sunday (starting after midnight est)

Godzilla King of the Monsters - The classic. The king.

Godzilla's Revenge

Rodan - YES! There are other monsters besides Godzilla, crazy but true.

Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah

Godzilla vs. Megaguirus - Don't know what the fuck a Megaguirus is but i'm betting Godzilla kicks its ass.

Godzilla vs. DESTOROYAH - Another one I haven't seen but heard things about. All I know is thats a kick ass name for a monster and I love saying it outloud. DESTOROYAH!!!!

Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. - More like Tokyo S.O.L.

Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster - Again, love this they are getting all the classics in here.

Godzilla: Final Wars - I have seen this one and its so fucking crazy its awesome. Plus the actual human storyline in it is fucking anime as hell and awesome.

Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack - Awww fuck yeah, lets do this shit!

Monday

Godzilla Raids Again

Mothra vs. Godzilla - Godzilla vs. a Butterfree, nuff said.

Godzilla vs.Mothra

Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla

Tuesday

Godzilla vs. Biollante - I missed this one and wanted to see it. Why are you showing it at 1:30 in the morning!

Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla - no idea why they were showing the sequel several times before this but SPOILERS, Mechagodzilla obviously survived..

NO HEDORAH!! Bunch of fascists. No vs. King Kong either probably cause of rights issues.

Okay let's watch guys in rubber suits!

Machine

Terror of Mechagodzila - Classic for me, next to Smog Monster. I saw this one so many times as a kid. The sea monster with the funny roar and of course JET JAGUAR!

Terror isn't the one with Jet. Jet is in Godzilla v Megalon. Terror has Mechagodzilla and Titanosaurus.

Ponn

Banned
Terror isn't the one with Jet. Jet is in Godzilla v Megalon. Terror has Mechagodzilla and Titanosaurus.

Shit my bad, its been awhile since I seen these older ones. And they aren't showing that one so no Jet Jaguar :(

These marathons take me back to when I'd watch Godzilla movies at my Grandma's. Probably check some of these out later.

Cool, it's been a while since I watched the movies. I'll probably leave this on in the background. Too bad I don't seem to have the channel's HD feed.

Ponn

Banned
Reminds me of the old TNT Godzilla Monstervision

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04veBS7vxTs

Oh god I remember that! These older ones I watched way back though, like before cable sunday afternoon local channel random programming.

Cool, it's been a while since I watched the movies. I'll probably leave this on in the background. Too bad I don't seem to have the channel's HD feed.

See, you are just getting the classic old school viewing experience!

These fucking space alien people in Mechagodzilla are hilarious. They have awesome helmets though.

Dammit, can't get this channel in the UK :(

Can't remember the last time we could even buy these films, never mind watch them on TV.

Yes! That's the one. Also it has that badass gruff American looking captain with the glorious mustache.

He was a huge mma fighter and a wrestler, I assume he got the job because he'd been in Pride, which was massive in Japan back then.

Dammit, can't get this channel in the UK :(

Can't remember the last time we could even buy these films, never mind watch them on TV.

I have almost all of them, as most are available on bluray in america. I have a multi region BD player so I've never checked whether they're all region free though.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Yes! That's the one. Also it has that badass gruff American looking captain with the glorious mustache.

That man is MMA legend Don Frye

Don-Frye-Vs.-Yoshihiro-Takayama.gif

I have almost all of them, as most are available on bluray in america. I have a multi region BD player so I've never checked whether they're all region free though.
Yeah, I've imported most of them but it is still annoying. I'm not sure most people in the UK even know the Millennium series exists. I don't think they've ever been available to buy in any form. Probably some licensing issue I guess?

vs. Destroyah and vs. Biollante are the best Godzilla movies ever made.

There is so much shit going on in both movies, it's glorious.

Daingurse

vs. Destroyah and vs. Biollante are the best Godzilla movies ever made.

There is so much shit going on in both movies, it's glorious.

Biollante is a really fucking weird movie. I've been captivated by it since I was a kid. It was in my top 3 Godzilla movies of all time, until Shin unseated it. Still an incredible Godzilla movie, with an incredibly unique kaiju.

Ponn

Banned
He was a huge mma fighter and a wrestler, I assume he got the job because he'd been in Pride, which was massive in Japan back then.

That man is MMA legend Don Frye

Don-Frye-Vs.-Yoshihiro-Takayama.gif

Oh wow, I knew who Don Frye was but I never made that connection to who the actor in the movie was. Thats awesome.

Also the bad Godzilla movie is over, its back to good Godzilla again and safe to come back. We at Godzilla 2000 now.

Machine

They seem to have rights to only a part of the catalog. They never play Destroy All Monsters, Godzilla v King Kong, Hedorah, Gigan, or some of the other good stuff. Actually, I don't know why I'm complaining since I have them all either on DVD or Blu. I'll just curate my own marathon...

Signed up for fuboTV free trial just so I can watch this.
My parents have a Dish sub that has El Rey, so I always watch the Kaiju Christmas marathon when I can.

Ponn

Banned
That title goes to Gojira, not the altered American port that is King of the Monsters.

You are absolutely right, i guess with TV broadcasts I take what I can get. It's probably a good point to pimp the Godzilla Criterion Bluray for that. Everyone should pick that up during the next Criterion half off sale.

edit: "This is going to go through Godzilla like crap through a goose"

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
They seem to have rights to only a part of the catalog. They never play Destroy All Monsters, Godzilla v King Kong, Hedorah, Gigan, or some of the other good stuff. Actually, I don't know why I'm complaining since I have them all either on DVD or Blu. I'll just curate my own marathon...

The international rights for Destroy All Monsters are a terrifying rats' nest of nonsense and tomfoolery.

Ponn

Banned
Final wars is EDF as fuck. I mean they are taking out these monsters on their own, who needs Godzilla.

draetenth

Can't wait to see Biollante as I believe it's the only Godzilla film I haven't seen. Destroyah is pretty good and I just watched it again today (on Stars though so it was commercial free). I only wish they were subtitled. I watched them all a year or so ago and definitely feel Japanese with subtitles is the way to go.

Top Bottom