• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goldblum Alert, Level 5: Jeff Goldblum joins Jurassic World sequel cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A scientist would never involve themselves with anything that had to do with dinosaurs after the shit he's been through. Setting movie expectations to very low.

You're gonna set your expectations low over something we have absolutely no context to at the moment?

Anyway I'm gonna backpedal a bit. I didn't think about how this could be great IF they make him more like the "version" in the original and actually do something more interesting with him than the random girlfriend on the island rescue op.

I thought Jeff Goldblum had died in somewhere in Australia years ago.

giphy.gif

notaskwid

If only they didn't kill Wayne Knight, him and Jeff could make a killer duo as protagonists for this movie and fire Pratt.
Then I'd watch it for sure.

I get the feeling that Goldblum and James Cromwell are going to steal the show this time around.

So far Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard have filmed less days than some of the other cast, so perhaps their roles are slightly dialed back.

Blader

I get the feeling that Goldblum and James Cromwell are going to steal the show this time around.

So far Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard have filmed less days than some of the other cast, so perhaps their roles are slightly dialed back.

Pratt is busy shooting Avengers and doing press for Guardians 2. His JW2 shooting has probably been scheduled for later in the summer.

Pratt is busy shooting Avengers and doing press for Guardians 2. His JW2 shooting has probably been scheduled for later in the summer.

I think he shot about 24 days on JW2 already, give or take. It'll remain shooting in the UK until the end of May, and then heads to Hawaii. Shooting wraps in Hawaii early June and that's a wrap on the filming portion of production.

pls god no

pls yes Claire and Owen were kinda meh

I'm all for letting some other new leads into the picture.

Owen and Claire were okay, I liked Owen fine as a new protagonist and there's no reason why they can't be better characters in the next one.

Cromwell, sure. He's a new character and I'm fine with him being a big part of it. But Claire and Owen should be the leads.

Syriel

Don't worry. Just a thing I say every year to confuse-yet-arouse British people and make them question what they hold dear.

Fair enough.

I thought I had missed some megaton announcement.

Could certainly see Goldblum as a classic (Anthony Ainley style) Master in a feature film.

Wigdogger

Well, seeing as he stunk it up in probably one of the worst blockbusters of all time (Independence Day 2), I don't have much hope here. Just stunt casting. It's not going to really surpass what the original film was (and what it meant at the time).

Well, seeing as he stunk it up in probably one of the worst blockbusters of all time (Independence Day 2), I don't have much hope here. Just stunt casting. It's not going to really surpass what the original film was (and what it meant at the time).

To be fair, Bayona and Emmerich definitely aren't the same, lol. Bayona is several levels above peak Emmerich, let alone modern Emmerich.

Also, "stunt casting" seems unlikely to me. This is the follow-up to one of the biggest films of the decade, I don't think anyone's desperately looking for a stunt callback here. For better or worse he's in this because Trevorrow, Connolly, and Bayona actually genuinely want him to be, in service of whatever story they have cooked up.

As for surpassing the original, assuming by original you mean JP and not JW, I don't think anyone sane expects this to, lol. If you do mean JW... I'm thinking it's almost guaranteed it will.

thefro

If only they didn't kill Wayne Knight, him and Jeff could make a killer duo as protagonists for this movie and fire Pratt.
Then I'd watch it for sure.

Technically he's not shown dead on screen, just in the jeep with the Dilophosaurus. Possible that he won a fight with it and survived.

Or that could have been his twin or something.

The book had a lovely description of his death.

For whatever reason that was always one of the parts that stuck with me the most, lol (though, to be fair a LOT of that book did). When I read it for the first time in the 6th grade I had some friends read that part haha.

Zoe

For whatever reason that was always one of the parts that stuck with me the most, lol (though, to be fair a LOT of that book did). When I read it for the first time in the 6th grade I had some friends read that part haha.

I actually haven't read it since the 5th grade, but I can still recall it well :lol

(Hammond's death too)

I actually haven't read it since the 5th grade, but I can still recall it well :lol

(Hammond's death too)

That too. That was one of those "mind blown" differences for me. Well, everything about Hammond actually, haha.

I kinda wished they found a way to pop a reference to the planned pet dinos and Hammond's miniature elephant in the movies at some point.

It's also interesting how much of that novel got reused for the second and third films. Lots of scenes and small moments got repurposed.

antonz

Wait.. we have people hating on Sam Neill in here? Jurassic Park 3 isn't his fault. His Character in Hunt for the Wilderpeople is very Alan Grant like and its a fantastic movie by the director who just happens to be doing Thor 3. So worth catching.

Sam Neil is fucking great.

I just have a hard time buying his character coming back after his arc in JP3. I dislike that movie a lot, but I wouldn't want to see it retconned from existence.

Cafeman

Wait.. we have people hating on Sam Neill in here? Jurassic Park 3 isn't his fault. His Character in Hunt for the Wilderpeople is very Alan Grant like and its a fantastic movie by the director who just happens to be doing Thor 3. So worth catching.
Truth

Gorillaz

I was always more interested in the sam Neil character then goldblum but this is cool. I actually don't know how they would bring him back in but JW was very flexible in its plot so it could work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom