• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising delayed to December 14, 2023

I want to start things off by thanking fans and players of GBVS, the fighting game community, and everyone who has been eagerly awaiting the release of Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising. We originally announced that the release would be on November 30, but have made the very difficult decision to push back the release date as follows:

Previous release date: November 30, 2023

New release date: December 14, 2023 (Early Access starting December 11)

After our first online beta was held in July, the development team pulled out all the stops to rework the game's mechanics and battle design in time for the initially scheduled release date. Despite our best efforts, however, it has become clear to me that additional time will be needed to put the finishing touches on the game.

Upon completing our adjustments to the game's battle mechanics, we revealed the changes during our Balance and System Adjustments stream on October 20 and the first public playtest at the "GBVS Official Tournament, vol. 7" last weekend, where they were met with an overwhelmingly positive reception.

However, due to the number of modes that were affected by these changes, we found the overall impact to be much larger than anticipated, and decided that, in order to meet player expectations, we would need two more weeks of polish and debugging to put out a truly high-quality product. We regret announcing this as the second beta is just around the corner, but please rest assured that the beta schedule itself has not changed.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
giphy.gif

Oooooh it’s GB Rising!

For second there I thought Granblue Fantasy Relink got delayed.
giphy.gif

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Awww....

But to be fair it's better to delay so the game releases balanced than just shoving it out the door.

Pejo

I didn't see the last update on changes, but hopefully they shortened the throw tech window and walked back the changes to technical/1 button specials from the first GBVS. I thought that the system in the first one was genius because it let anyone just press a button to do a special at first but incentivized learning the inputs since doing the specials that way would give you shorter cooldowns and other benefits.

Glad they're taking feedback to heart at any rate. Let's be real, the playerbase for this is gonna be small so it's fine if they delay it until its ready.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I didn't see the last update on changes, but hopefully they shortened the throw tech window and walked back the changes to technical/1 button specials from the first GBVS. I thought that the system in the first one was genius because it let anyone just press a button to do a special at first but incentivized learning the inputs since doing the specials that way would give you shorter cooldowns and other benefits.

THEY DID WHAT?!

*googles this shit*

Awww what the fuck, that sucks... I think... I mean the issue is it worked for Smash, it's something that sets the game apart from its contemporaries. Going to need to hands on to see if I dislike/like it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom