• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy x Tales of Asteria 2nd Collaboration + Rerun

Shun

This is the second time both mobile games are collaborating and from the Famitsu pages, it seems like it will be at least a rerun of the past Tales event last July as well as a new scenario with new characters, like the reruns for Street Fighter and iDOLM@STER collaborations.

CjRI6cZUkAAPljW.jpg

This requires that you have a phone and download the Tales of Asteria app and sign in via BNID in order to claim certain exclusive collaboration extras.

For those who were unable to play last year, these were the extras during the first run.

Granblue Fantasy extras
-Tales of Collaboration Scenario
-Yuri Lowell SR character; Unlock via Loyalty throughout the Event
-Sophie SR Character; Unlock via Treasure Trade during the Event
-Milla Maxwell SR Character; You must play Tales of Asteria to level 30 and link the account to obtain her.

c723fab58e9513119d0c3b76636fface.jpg

f3f184d72e1d1ba3bc9171f7d27430c3.jpg

3c07d3788231b853b949c8d07b754d89.jpg

-Unknown Dark Sword - Yuri's sword Nibanboshi
-Unknown Light Melee - Sophie gauntlets Wristlet
-Unknown Fire Sword - Milla's sword Fair Sword

543f5df5.jpg

163e1350.jpg

E38395E382A7E382A2E383BCE382BDE383BCE38389-34d81.JPG

Tales of Asteria extras
-Vira and Ruria costumes for Milla Maxwell and Sophie.
-Vira is a playable 4 Star character in Tales of Asteria

The Tales of Channel and Granblue Radio will update what the collaboration event will be this time. Feel free to speculate as to which characters you'd like to see as they will be announcing the collab details soon.

Again they're most likely reprinting the previous event as well.

There's no date yet but these things leak and get announces 3-4 weeks in advance, so expect this to be a late June/Early July event.

For those who want the collaboration items within the event period, I suggest playing both games now to get your level requirements done by the time the event starts.
You will NEED a smartphone for Tales of Asteria as there is no mobile browser equivalent or use android emulator.

Shun

Velvet from Tales of Berseria is likely part of the collaboration to advertise the newest Tales game.

If not Zestiria is probably the most likely one after.

I would love for them to give love to the older games and bring on Rutee and Leon Magnus as collaboration characters. Or more Tales of Graces.

how long/hard/annoying is it to get Tales of Asteria to level 30?

Not really, Tales of Asteria is pretty quick compared to the other DeNA mobage and you get ~12 days to do it. Even more time if you start it now.

It is a smartphone RPG that uses gestures and swipes for battles so it is more interactive than some of the DeNa browser games.

raven777

Not really, Tales of Asteria is pretty quick compared to the other DeNA mobage and you get ~12 days to do it. Even more time if you start it now.

It is a smartphone RPG that uses gestures and swipes for battles so it is more interactive than some of the DeNa browser games.

So is there chrome app version like granblue or idolmaster?

Shun

So is there chrome app version like granblue or idolmaster?

No you legit need a smartphone to download the app and play it, unless you use a emulator like bluestacks.

http://asteria.tales-ch.jp

There is iPhone and Google Play links.

This event is only a little bit more restrictive than usual and only for one character, Milla because there is no mobile browser equivalent like for iM@S.

Shun

Who's the artist for Granblue? The art of Yuri, Sophie, and Milla looks gorgeous.

Hideo Minaba; Former Square Enix

Final Fantasy VI - Art Director
Final Fantasy IX - Art Director
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - Art Director
Final Fantasy XII - Art Director
Blue Dragon - Monster Design
Lost Odyssey - Concept Art
Little King's Story - Character Design
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Character Design
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE - Mirage Designs

raven777

No you legit need a smartphone to download the app and play it, unless you use a emulator like bluestacks.

http://asteria.tales-ch.jp

There is iPhone and Google Play links.

This event is only a little bit more restrictive than usual and only for one character, Milla because there is no mobile browser equivalent like for iM@S.

imas was really annoying... hopefully asteria is not as bad.

Shun

would like to know as well, estimate on the time needed?

They give you entire 12 days to do it. You can get to 30 in like 2-3 days if you spend time on it.

If you start now you don't have to worry about it unless they change or add a requirement for a new character.

Shun

Also it's a good time to start now and get your leveling up done with since the Tales of Asteria app is currently running an event where it is 1/2 energy and 2x EXP.

Basically making the grind to 30 4x faster than usual.

Hachitora

If we linked our accounts when the event first rolled around, would it still be linked this time? I lost my Asteria account when switching devices (gonna try and fill out a form to support, but I expect nothing since I don't remember much from my acc), and I don't rly feel like grinding back up. Tempted tho because Milla.

Falk

that puzzling face
1/2 Stamina + 2x XP event is almost over from what I understand.

I'm currently making my way to lv30 just because - I'm not sure where there's a place to login/register a BNID?

3Kaze

1/2 Stamina + 2x XP event is almost over from what I understand.

I'm currently making my way to lv30 just because - I'm not sure where there's a place to login/register a BNID?

No BNID. After setting a password they will give you a support/player ID.
I hope there's no need to grind further than rank 30 because, what a shitty game lol.

Shun

Upcoming Tales Event Pt. 2 will start June 13th to June 23rd, and will slightly overlap with the rerunning Tales event.

Details for the unlock criteria will be announced soon, but will likely be a similar deal to the previous event.

CkQLeKhUgAMi76v.png

CkQLeKjUUAEZk2W.png

CkQLeKjVAAECVjT.png

Top Bottom