• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5’s cut “James Bond Trevor” DLC was already part-shot, actor reveals some details

Draugoth

Gold Member
gta-5-james-bond-trevor-dlc-580x334.jpg

When Grand Theft Auto 5 confirmed it had canceled its story mode DLC, many – ourselves included – let out a collective groan. Rockstar’s increasing focus on the monolithic GTA Online at the time left little room for expansion elsewhere, robbing us of one of the great what-ifs of the time – Agent Trevor. Now, years later, the character’s actor, Steve Ogg, has offered up a few more details on what the canned project would’ve entailed, and we’re heartbroken all over again.

“Trevor was gonna be undercover – he works for the feds,” Ogg says during a recent Q&A stream about the open-world game. “And we did shoot some of that stuff with ‘James Bond Trevor’ – he’s still kind of a fuck up, but he’s doing his best to pretend to be like [a secret agent]. We shot some stuff and then it just disappeared and [Rockstar] never did it, they never followed up on it.”

As per datamined info from the Rockstar leaks at the end of last year, ‘Agent Trevor’ was originally one of three episodic packs planned for GTA 5’s post-launch story DLC – the other two being ‘Zombie Apocalypse’ and ‘Alien Invasion.’ Based on Ogg’s comments, our favorite off-the-rails protagonist could’ve had a ridiculously funny character arc in on of the best games ever, culminating with him taking a trip into space – we’re not kidding.

via TheLoadout

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
Online focus probably wasn't the only reason. Undercover agent Trevor working for the feds sounds stupid.

Last edited:
Doesn't change my negative opinion of Rockstar one bit. They had the resources to continue milking GTA Online AND make singleplayer expansions. But of course giving people sp content could drive them away from buying microtransactions.
If only I could have played online on my own, that would have helped take the sting out of throwing single player content away.😢

Top Bottom