• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardian - Far right raises £50,000 to target boats on refugee rescue missions in Med

oldboss

What a delightful bunch!

Far-right activists are planning a sea campaign this summer to disrupt vessels saving refugees in the Mediterranean, after successfully intercepting a rescue mission last month.

Members of the anti-Islam and anti-immigrant “Identitarian” movement – largely twentysomethings often described as Europe’s answer to the American alt-right – have raised £56,489 in less than three weeks to enable them to target boats run by aid charities helping to rescue refugees.

Alongside raising funds for ships, it also requests funds for “research” above the logo of the favourite alt-right message board, 4chan. One recent 4chan thread encourages users to track NGO ships in the Mediterranean, then report them to the navy and police to investigate, particularly “ships idling near the coast of north Africa”

Powerful rigid inflatable boats able to travel faster than 20 knots can sell for less than £10,000 and would be sufficient to slow down and obstruct ships leaving port. An Italian far-right group claims it has been offered ships and support from people with boat driving licences.

More fun stuff at the link.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/03/far-right-raises-50000-target-refugee-rescue-boats-med

I'm at a loss for words. Although, as stated in the article, not surprised in the least. May these fuckers drown while on their crusade.

Throw me into the sea if old.

eizarus

Banned
Can't we replace them with refugees. I'd happily make that trade. Like just chuck them into the sea and bring aboard refugees.

Machina

Banned
Not surprised at all to see /pol/ up to their necks in this. Sociopathic trolls have been politically weaponized.

Daedardus

We must defend our country from money leeching immigrants by paying more money than they would have cost us in the first place!

BBboy20

Powerful rigid inflatable boats able to travel faster than 20 knots can sell for less than £10,000 and would be sufficient to slow down and obstruct ships leaving port. An Italian far-right group claims it has been offered ships and support from people with boat driving licences.
Mussolini.gif

cameron

They are beyond psychotic.
Members of the anti-Islam and anti-immigrant “Identitarian” movement – largely twentysomethings often described as Europe’s answer to the American alt-right – have raised £56,489 in less than three weeks to enable them to target boats run by aid charities helping to rescue refugees.

Aid charities like Sea-Watch. Remember a certain photo from last year used to raise awareness?
A photograph of a drowned migrant baby in the arms of a German rescuer was distributed on Monday by a humanitarian organization aiming to persuade European authorities to ensure safe passage to migrants, after hundreds are feared to have drowned in the Mediterranean last week.

The baby, who appears to be no more than a year old, was pulled from the sea on Friday after the capsizing of a wooden boat. Forty-five bodies arrived in the southern Italian port of Reggio Calabria on Sunday aboard an Italian navy ship, which picked up 135 survivors from the same incident.

German humanitarian organization Sea-Watch, operating a rescue boat in the sea between Libya and Italy, distributed the picture taken by a media production company on board and which showed a rescuer cradling the child like a sleeping baby.

In an email, the rescuer, who gave his name as Martin but did not want his family name published, said he had spotted the baby in the water "like a doll, arms outstretched".

"I took hold of the forearm of the baby and pulled the light body protectively into my arms at once, as if it were still alive ... It held out its arms with tiny fingers into the air, the sun shone into its bright, friendly but motionless eyes."

The rescuer, a father of three and by profession a music therapist, added: "I began to sing to comfort myself and to give some kind of expression to this incomprehensible, heart-rending moment. Just six hours ago this child was alive."
Photo in the link: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-europe-migrants-baby-idUSKCN0YL18P

Far-right activists must fucking jerk off to the sight of drowned children.

This is just going to result in overweight neckbeards bobbing up on and down in the Med desperate for rescue from the same boats they are trying to disrupt.

nampad

Over 30 years ago a great man raised money to save my parents and thousands of ours from drowning in the sea.

Now, we have idiots raising money to prevent humanitarian help. There were always racist but the way the alt right is having a platform now is just disgusting. Before, they at least hid in the shadows.

Worse, this are twentysomethings doing this. Their generation should know better.

I hope they drown tbh. Refugees escaping war torn countries get all my sympathy, not these shit stains.
Problem is that the vast majority is not escaping war torn countries. Some of these organisations have contacts with human traffickers. Picking migrants up a few KMs from shore and deliver them to Europe where they have no future.

Should mount an offensive against them, and inform authorities beforehand that these trolls are trying to stop charity run boats.

Problem is that the vast majority is not escaping war torn countries. Some of these organisations have contacts with human traffickers. Picking migrants up a few KMs from shore and deliver them to Europe where they have no future.
Pulling statistics out of your arse? In the last couple of years a couple of million Syrians moved into Germany, are you implying that there have been over 2 million additional people from other place trafficked there in the same time span?

The people who help the stranded refugees have my utmost respect; they remind me how more I can do

Hackworth

If the cops gave a fuck couldn't they class this whole group as a conspiracy to commit murder and chase them down through bank details from the crowdfunding or something?

Skyzard

Banned

Where'd you hear that?

If you're willing to risk your children fucking drowning in an ocean, you'll be escaping something awful.

Those trying to fuck with these people even more are scum.

Britain has been directly involved in destabilising countries to point that they are uninhabitable with all the violence.

It's incredibly hypocritical to not accept the plea of fleeing civilians after claiming to be intervening in their favour to save them from dictators we don't like.

Their conspiracy theory is that it isn't refugees coming over on the boats but just people with no intention of inter grating into society by intentionally getting into spots where the charitiy involved "rescue" them and bring them to safety.

Some theories go deeper in that the charities themselves are planting these people to bring over to help the globalists have Islam take over to control the population.

That is what you are dealing with.

I know this may shock you but you actually need to provide evidence of claims like this. I know that you've clearly just been told this by someone and just believed it but some of us require a bit more proof than a dude on the internet saying something.

So, any sources?

I know this may shock you but you actually need to provide evidence of claims like this. I know that you've clearly just been told this by someone and just believed it but some of us require a bit more proof than a dude on the internet saying something.

So, any sources?
UN data shows countries of origin for Italy here: https://data2.unhcr.org/en/situations/mediterranean/location/5205

Their conspiracy theory is that it isn't refugees coming over on the boats but just people with no intention of inter grating into society by intentionally getting into spots where the charitiy involved "rescue" them and bring them to safety.

Some theories go deeper in that the charities themselves are planting these people to bring over to help the globalists have Islam take over to control the population.

That is what you are dealing with.
Can't find the current status and what happened to this, the but Italians talked about this last month themselves: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39686239

"We have evidence that there are direct contacts between certain NGOs [non-governmental organisations] and people traffickers in Libya," Mr Zuccaro is quoted as saying in La Stampa.

Either way, hiring your own boats to fuck people over there is unacceptable and these people should take their 50.000 euros and give it to aid organisations that help people in affected regions if they want to stop people coming in. Bit more effective then going around in your boat on the sea.

So, any sources?
Plenty of evidence available both nationally (CBS keeps track of any all population related statistics in the Netherlands) and internationally (UN mostly). I don't need to be told something by someone when information is freely available.

The real victims of these wars can't flee because they're stuck with their families between warring parties. The majority that is being picked up an dropped off in Italy are economical migrants fleeing from poverty stricken nations looking for a better future in Europe. I don't blame them though, if I was in their situation I'd do the same. Sadly these people have no future in Europe. They won't get a permit and they will be send back after long and costly legal procedures. All the money wasted on these economical migrants would be far better spend on helping actual refugees.

The aid organisations facilitate human trafficking on an immense scale. They have direct contact with human traffickers that extort the migrants. They give them a call when the send out another boat so it can be picked up KMs from shore.

Isn't this in effect terrorism? If it is then knowingly funding terrorism has consequences too right?

Exactly, they are terrorist planning on attacking innocent civilians. I hope the authorities can stop them or at least give them the sentence they deserve.

Condom

It's pretty fascinating that the whole public debate and political struggle is taking place in real time, on the sea. What better way to show the failure of governments in coming up with a structural solution.

Dingens

[...]
The real victims of these wars can't flee because they're stuck with their families between warring parties. The majority that is being picked up an dropped off in Italy are economical migrants fleeing from poverty stricken nations looking for a better future in Europe. I don't blame them though, if I was in their situation I'd do the same. Sadly these people have no future in Europe. They won't get a permit and they will be send back after long and costly legal procedures. All the money wasted on these economical migrants would be far better spend on helping actual refugees.
[...]

sounds more like some twisted mind game to justify anti-refugee "arguments" by putting them in a group that clearly doesn't deserve any help whatsoever. So why exactly is it ok to help "real" refugees? what makes them more in need? they are from the same war-torn place, only because some managed to escape doesn't make them less in need of help

Top Bottom