• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guinness World Records names JUJUTSU KAISEN world’s most popular anime (ahead of One Piece and AoT)

SJRB

Gold Member

JUJUTSU KAISEN is officially the world’s most in-demand animated TV show, taking the title from Attack on Titan which held it since 2020.

According to data-science firm Parrot Analytics, JUJUTSU KAISEN has a global demand rating 71.2 times greater than that of the average TV show.

Show is unbelievable.

4262b2efd8a6d325f463f1b9aac26cd5.gif

aokJyax.gif

E5ReYk.gif

kunonabi

I had hoped the show would have really found it's footing in season 2 but somehow it got worse. Most people seem to be content with the style over substance approach though so more power to them I guess.

Bojji

- Frieren
- Jujutsu Kaisen
- Demon Slayer

All incredible, in the sea of mediocre shows we have some good shit.

I ranked them from best to worst, DS S2 was amazing but S1 and S3 are step below. Mushoku Tensei is almost up there...

Hugare

Until Shibuya Gojo/Geto's flashback, JJK was ass. So bland and by the numbers.

With Shibuya shit finally hit the fan, stakes were finally high and fights were great, but characters arent developed, the story is just meh ... the fighting/animation is its saving grace.

And dont get me started on the manga, that is being rushed like hell by the author right now to the point of storyboard-like art being published 'cause he cant stand this story anymore.

I was reading One Piece at the same time I was reading JJK and the gap in quality between the two was just absurd.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Until Shibuya Gojo/Geto's flashback, JJK was ass. So bland and by the numbers.

With Shibuya shit finally hit the fan, stakes were finally high and fights were great, but characters arent developed, the story is just meh ... the fighting/animation is its saving grace.

And dont get me started on the manga, that is being rushed like hell by the author right now to the point of storyboard-like art being published 'cause he cant stand this story anymore.

I was reading One Piece at the same time I was reading JJK and the gap in quality between the two was just absurd.

JJK first season is pretty mid aside from the large fight sequences, but in hindsight it is basically a 23-episode prologue for the real deal that is Hidden Inventory and Shibuya Incident. There are so many characters that need to get introduced before things start to get interesting.

Manga is cool but it bums me out how big the gap is between English volume releases and the Japanese chapter releases. It's gonna take forever for the English translation to reach the Gojo / Sukuna fight.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Shibuya is the best arc because they got rid of the safety net character. Akutami doesn't even like Gojo but he's part of the success. lol.

The manga right now is pretty bad. The Sukuna cycle is actually embarrassing.

Hugare

JJK first season is pretty mid aside from the large fight sequences, but in hindsight it is basically a 23-episode prologue for the real deal that is Hidden Inventory and Shibuya Incident. There are so many characters that need to get introduced before things start to get interesting.

Manga is cool but it bums me out how big the gap is between English volume releases and the Japanese chapter releases. It's gonna take forever for the English translation to reach the Gojo / Sukuna fight.
My main problem is that the first season is so different in tone and quality when compared to what comes next that it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. And I cant recommend to others. 'Cause they watch the first season and say "seriously?". I almost ditched the anime due to boredom, but pushed through.

It certainly gets better, I'm up to date with the manga (japanese), but I still think characters are too one dimensional. JJK has fights and "killing important characters" as devices to keep things interesting, but right bow on the manga, even these 2 devices arent being enough to keep interest. The story is being too lazily written.

Gege wants to finish the manga this year, so this is the last arch, and there's still so much to cover.

Shibuya is the best arc because they got rid of the safety net character. Akutami doesn't even like Gojo but he's part of the success. lol.

The manga right now is pretty bad. The Sukuna cycle is actually embarrassing.

Getting rid of the safety net character was awesome. Absolutely necessary to make stakes higher and develop characters.

And yeah, this last arch is just embarassing. Its the equivalent to Game of Thrones last season, imo.

Nvzman

I had hoped the show would have really found it's footing in season 2 but somehow it got worse. Most people seem to be content with the style over substance approach though so more power to them I guess.
I mean look at the Spider-Verse movies.

They look and sound absolutely gorgeous but the writing is mediocre (and straight up bad in some spots) beyond belief. The first movie has some incredibly weak and abrupt character development for Miles, and the plot of the second movie is stupid as shit as soon as you realize none of the multiverse Spider-Men would willingly let someone die based off an assumption.

But OOOH LOOK COLORS OMG THESE MOVIES ARE AMAZING!

DKehoe

I get that the Guiness records aren't really any legitimate authority but it seems odd to have a "World Record" for what's currently most popular.

Last edited:
Top Bottom