• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Beta Coming To Xbox One In “A Matter of Weeks”

CyberPanda

Banned
Soon, Halo: The Master Chief Collection will be making its way to PC, and though the entire collection will have been released on the platform by the end of this year, it will see that release happen not in one go, but in increments. The first release will be with Halo Reach, which is also being added to the collection, with the next releases happening in the order of the series’ chronology, going right up until Halo 4 (no Halo 5: Guardians for the collection).

However, though Reach signifies the return of the franchise to PC for the first time since 2007, it will be made available first – at least in beta form – to Xbox One players. In a new Halo Insider update, 343 Industries confirmed that the Halo Reach beta would be going live on the Xbox One “in a matter of weeks”, before clarifying that they’re not giving an exact date in case “the schedule shifts”.

The developer has also confirmed that the PC version will be following not long after the Xbox One version, with the reason for the gap being that “the console version is a bit further along than the PC version and will be ready to flight sooner”. Depending on the timing of the gap between the two versions, the Xbox One might even get another testing phase for the game before PC players get some hands-on time.

“PC, as you can imagine, is a different beast,” the developer wrote, “and we want to ensure that the first flight has adequate PC-specific UI in place, which takes time. We don’t expect a particularly big gap in time but we are going to flight on Xbox One first (possibly even another flight on there too, depending on timing) before Halo: Reach PC flighting begins.”

Halo: The Master Chief Collection on PC – whenever it launches – will be available through both, the Microsoft Store, and Steam. Stay tuned for more updates.

https://gamingbolt.com/halo-reach-beta-coming-to-xbox-one-in-a-matter-of-weeks

SpartanN92

Banned
I remember the hype leading up to the Halo Reach Beta like it was yesterday.

I love how in the year 2019 we are getting another Halo Reach Beta 😂

Naked Lunch

A beta for a released game? Why? I may not have understood this.
Did you suddenly forget what a clusterfuck MCC's initial release was?
This game is running like 6 games in one from multiple generations and engines. This shit needed tested as much as possible before it goes live.

Mista

Banned
Did you suddenly forget what a clusterfuck MCC's initial release was?
This game is running like 6 games in one from multiple generations and engines. This shit needed tested as much as possible before it goes live.
Yup, definitely forgot about that. Holy shit the release day everything was a mess

renzolama

There are 52 weeks in a year. I'm exhausted with these fifteen-tier announcement plans where they give as little information as possible over and over again. Just let me know when I can reliably plan to download and play the game. If every game had a single initial announcement followed eventually by a shadow drop with playable game I would be so happy.

Last edited:
Yup, definitely forgot about that. Holy shit the release day everything was a mess

Yeah, at launch it was all about custom games, and even then, it was very difficult to reliably connect to lobbies with more than three or four friends due to NAT type consideration and random dropouts/crashes. Matchmaking was a hellscape.

I think the people who stuck with it and played week after week, through multiple title updates for the first year or two which did very little to actually correct matchmaking issues and make it stable for everyone, should get MCC PC for free. Asking people to pay full price for this just rubs me the wrong way and makes me feel like we were all beta testers for not only MCC Xbone but for another product on top of it. The good will engendered by their continued commitment (limited though it was) seems a little hollow knowing this was in the pipeline all along.

Reach is a decent make good (as was ODST--but no firefight? C'mon)

A lot of people, myself NOT included, saw Reach as an unworthy sequel to Halo 3 however, so the amount of fandom is going to be slightly more muted by default I think.

BlackTron

Yeah I know that as I own MCC. But the beta is for testing the games addition to MCC and that’s it?

Seems silly but in fairness. They probably have an abundance of caution after MCC's launch. Can't blame them making extra-super-mega sure after that trainwreck

I really can’t wait I really enjoyed invasion and playing as elites this is going to be awesome 😮in 4k 60fps with dedicated servers

Elcid

Banned
That's amazing actually. I'm looking forward to replaying the series from Reach on. Never played ODST either.
I sold my X1 years ago since I never used the fucking thing and at the time the MCC kinda sucked ass.

CuNi

Banned
A beta for a released game? Why? I may not have understood this.

of course it needs a beta. this introduces yet another 2 new engines to the already 8 (I think) that the MCC has to handle.

they use Unreal Engine 4 to handle the customisation in the menus. so yeah, with Reach's engine that's 2 new engines to run in combination with the 8 already in the collection

10 engines that have to be able to be started and closed after each match/mission on the fly

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
of course it needs a beta. this introduces yet another 2 new engines to the already 8 (I think) that the MCC has to handle.

they use Unreal Engine 4 to handle the customisation in the menus. so yeah, with Reach's engine that's 2 new engines to run in combination with the 8 already in the collection

10 engines that have to be able to be started and closed after each match/mission on the fly
Makes more sense to me now. Thank you

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I'm very excited for this. Hands down the best Halo game and it will be great to revisit it.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Still my favorite horde mode from a pure gameplay perspective.

The game as a whole is simply pure fun while co-op. Environment are superb, music sets a mature tone never seen for the serie before and the gameplay is perfect and flashy. It was far before its time when it came out on 360. The end game level when you survived was so epic, seeing autumn ship fleeing away with masterchief .. Awesome game

iconmaster

Banned
giphy.gif

Top Bottom