• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hdr using monitor on ps5

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
My exact monitor is the LG-32GN63T-b

Its is hdr certified. I got the hdr working in windows with the hdr calibration tool. Any suggestion how I can get it working properly on PS5? It dims the screen too much on the ps5. I have exhausted all the monitor settings. Any suggestions?

If you've already used the HDR calibration on PS5 and done all the settings on the monitor then there isn't really anything else unfortunately

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Its not a very good HDR monitor in general.
And has low peak HDR brightness to begin with, you might actually be better off using it in SDR mode.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
HDR compatibility sucked on many monitors for a long time.
Presumably people have been saying new monitors are much better with true hdr compatibility.

FUBARx89

It's not a true HDR monitor.

It doesn't have local dimming zones, it's edge lit like a traditonal monitor, nor does it have a WGC which is also essential for HDR. The peak brightness is also barely above SDR

SDR Peak 10% Window - 300 cd/m²
HDR Peak 10% Window - 353 cd/m²
SDR Sustained 100% Window - 303 cd/m²
HDR Sustained 100% Window - 353 cd/m²

If you're dead set on using HDR (I wouldn't bother) on the calibrate page 8 clicks from 0 for the first 2. Probably raise the 3rd a few clicks.

Last edited:

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
It's not a true HDR monitor.

It doesn't have local dimming zones, it's edge lit like a tradional monitor, nor does it have a WGC which is also essential for HDR. The peak brightness is also barely above SDR

SDR Peak 10% Window - 300 cd/m²
HDR Peak 10% Window - 353 cd/m²
SDR Sustained 100% Window - 303 cd/m²
HDR Sustained 100% Window - 353 cd/m²

If you're dead set on using HDR (I wouldn't bother) on the calibrate page 8 clicks from 0 for the first 2. Probably raise the 3rd a few clicks.
Yea I f I figured it would be a bit too dim for it. Thx

FUBARx89

Yea I f I figured it would be a bit too dim for it. Thx

No worries. HDR certified means pretty much nothing unless you're spending big money. I can't stand monitor or TV manufacturers stating their stuff is HDR when it's not. Samsung is probably the worst for it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Top Bottom