• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HEARTSHOT - Indie FPS inspired by GoldenEye 007, releasing January 11

</3

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
HEARTSHOT is a story driven espionage thriller where fast, chaotic gunplay meets retro-inspired cinematic environments. Armed with high-tech magnet gloves, seize weapons from fallen enemies and manipulate your environment as you make your way through a mysterious subterranean complex.

Made you look at a VR game and January 11 is just the Chapter 1 early access! Got you! I can't wait!
We are releasing HEARTSHOT in 3 parts, using Steam's Early Access program. Chapter 1 (which all footage in the trailer is from) will be released at launch, along with a themed arena mode. Chapter 1 will include 2-3 hours of playtime.

Trailer (and game) music by the legendary Benjamin Squires.

Thanks so much for your support, we'll be answering any questions in the comments!
Bonus video of a wholly different game since you're here, H3VR just got another awesome update!

Last edited:

Moses85

PC only at the moment. Probably get all 3 chapters out of early access then look at porting. Looks more than viable with the retro visuals, maybe Quest 3 too later on who knows.
Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

I want it for PSVR2

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Protip for indie devs and thread makers: stop saying the indie game coming out is “inspired by” an absolutely fucking legendary game. You’re just setting people up for disappointment. The last game “inspired by” Chrono Trigger that came out this year isn’t worthy of licking CT’s boots.

MarkMe2525

Looks action packed. That hotdog update looked interesting.

Was interested for a moment, then saw it was VR :lollipop_sad_relieved:
I don't understand how taking an active role as the video game protagonist can be considered a negative. It's literally what we used to dream of in the 80's and 90's when the idea of VR was rampant.

looks fun. gonna have to save up for a head set so i can play this and alyx
A great place to start is a used Q2. I'm buying an extra headset today, a 256gb Q2 with elite battery strap for $200 later this evening.

They’ll prioritize a Quest 3 port if they’re serious.
I wouldn't say they need to prioritize, but definitely need to optimize a decent build for the platform. It is the way the winds are blowing for mass market appeal.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

I don't understand how taking an active role as the video game protagonist can be considered a negative. It's literally what we used to dream of in the 80's and 90's when the idea of VR was rampant.
Nothing wrong with that, its cool as heck.

Now about owning those googles...

Top Bottom