• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell Let Loose, Combined arms World War II FPS (100 players)

54-46!

You've never played World War 2 the way it was meant to be played... with lumbering tanks dominating the battlefield, crucial supply chains fueling the frontlines, being a cog in the machine of colossal combined arms warfare. Hell Let Loose puts you in the chaos of war, complete with deep player-controlled vehicles, a dynamically evolving frontline, and crucial platoon-focused gameplay that commands the tide of battle. This is a simulation of war... not an arcade arena shooter.

Developed for PC in Unreal Engine 4, on paper, Hell Let Loose is a realistic multiplayer World War Two combined arms first person shooter of open battles of up to 100 players with infantry, tanks, artillery and a shifting front line. At it's core is a unique resource-based strategic meta-game that is easy to learn, but hard to master.

- Official website
- Kickstarter
- Screenshots

Here's a game that was announced a while back. From what I've gathered it's been in development for 2-3 years and is basically Project Reality BF2 meets Red Orchestra meets Company of Heroes.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Great concept, but appears to have a lot of overlap with Post Scriptum. Since each of these games seem to be designed with rather high playercounts in mind, I worry that what is already a fairly niche audience is going to be divided to the detriment of both titles.

54-46!

Great concept, but appears to have a lot of overlap with Post Scriptum. Since each of these games seem to be designed with rather high playercounts in mind, I worry that what is already a fairly niche audience is going to be divided to the detriment of both titles.

Yeah, very similar in terms of gameplay and setting.. tonally they seem to be the complete opposite of each other though, Post Scriptum seem to go for a clean / documentary vibe whereas this looks very gritty, like something you'd see in Band of Brothers.

54-46!

Yeah, it does. Hope they can get as many stretch goals as possible.

Seems like they are going to do everything listed in there either way, the goals are just a means to speed up development time it seems.

Similar to how the Squad devs did it.

Alexious

Seems like they are going to do everything listed in there either way, the goals are just a means to speed up development time it seems.

Similar to how the Squad devs did it.

Ah, I see.

Why don't you add a link to the Kickstarter campaign in the OP, for those interested in funding the project?

This looks incredible. Those guns look so lethal in the gameplay trailer they posted. Exactly what I'm looking for in a multiplayer shooter.

Don't know how appealing this will be when it's going up against Post Scriptum (which is Squad in WW2). Hopefully the community is big enough to support both but I find that very doubtful. Post Scriptum will probably have modding support much sooner and that's very important for a game like this.

Don't know how appealing this will be when it's going up against Post Scriptum (which is Squad in WW2). Hopefully the community is big enough to support both but I find that very doubtful. Post Scriptum will probably have modding support much sooner and that's very important for a game like this.

The community will probably gravitate towards one but who knows which will be the better game at this point.

Tovarisc

Mod to have modding support. Heh.

Jumped through some PS gameplay and Hell Let Loose gameplay, HLL looks more appealing to me so who knows where WW2 milsim-ish community swings at more.

Excited for this one. I love the idea of a giant map with team pushing the spawn area forward in back and squads of 5-6 people engaging all over the map.

Featuring sweeping 4km² maps, the entire battlefield is divided up into large cap sectors - allowing for emergent and constantly unique gameplay that pits two forces of fifty players in a fight to the death across fields, bridges, forests and towns on an ever-evolving front line. When a sector is captured, it will generate one of three resources for your team, creating a complex meta-game that will influence your team's march to victory.

Do you push to capture the enemy fuel depot, depriving them of the ability to reinforce their vehicles faster? Or do you defend your munitions depot, allowing you to continue a brutal naval bombardment? Do you flank and take several sectors in an effort to starve them of infantry reinforcements? Each decision at every level will affect your team's fighting power and ability in the field.

MMMMMmmmmm

Decided to back this today. Being an avid Squad player that loves WW2 warfare in games, this and Post Scriptum are being watched closely.

In light of the recent big budget shooters business practices I decided to stop supporting them and start putting my money into PC titles that I have accumulated hundreds of hours in like Red Orchestra/Escape from Tarkov. Excited to see where Hell Let Loose ends up!

I'll probably put $30 into this next payday. If this game ends up being everything they promise it will just be absolutely incredible.

54-46!

Yes. This seems way off.

Squad was in the same ball bark, the developers asked for 184 000 CAD, got 434 000. Their final stretch goal was helicopters for 1 200 000 CAD, something that they are working on now anyways since the game did well on Steam:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/offworldindustries/squad

Hell Let Loose seem to be further along in development than Squad was when its Kickstarter launched. It makes sense I think, given how much they've done on HLL already.

Too many Kickstarters launch with barely nothing to show for it except for a bit of concept art, character renders and a vague promise.. and then they ask for way too much money and expect the KS to fund the entire project from start to finish.

Lucifon

I love the concept of a massive scale WW2 shooter so much, it's baffling it hasn't been done much. I know there was WW2 Online but it's pretty rough.

VN1X

Banned
Backed this as soon as they revealed the gameplay trailer. Would be amazing if they make it to the Dismemberment stretch goal but that's probably wishful thinking.

fzOM4JY.jpg

The world needs more WWII shooters damnit!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

This is Hell Let Loose.
Coming to PC Early Access in 2019.

Hell Let Loose brings World War II on an epic scale: Huge battles - 100 players per game, 50 vs 50.
A new metagame - Capture sectors and resources to secure the win for your team!
Combined arms - Over 20 different player-controlled vehicles and deployed weapons.
Epic maps - Battle over huge, 1:1 scale maps.
More than shooting - Supply, capture and building mechanics all play their part in a team's victory.
Experience history - Historically accurate arsenal with realistic weapon behavior.
A modern engine - Powered by Unreal Engine 4.

I like the tactical component, but the extreme gore next to the non destructible environments seems really odd and out of place.

Watch this grenade completely decimate this body, but the wooden cabinets are explosion proof.

anthraticus

Banned
I want a good SINGLE PLAYER WW2 shooter and not some mindless popamole shooting gallery like CoD or BF.

Where the f**k is my HIDDEN & DANGEROUS 3 ALREADY ???

Someone that does twatter, please get on Daniel Vavra about that shit.....thanks.

Top Bottom