• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy PC Performance Thread

DareDaniel

Banned
Turn off rt. Stick to dlss quality at 4k with settings at ultra or high.
Playing it with medium specs and things like sky and fog in low. Rt is off. Also decreased my screen resolution from 1440p to 1080p, followed the reddit guide, changed a few things in the nvidea control panel, nothing helped much. I get a lot of stuttering in those 2 areas when I run and turn the camera around fast, so I avoid doing that. Not the unplayable game I've seen some people complaining about, but not the smooth gameplay that I wanted. Everywhere else is fine with just a few stutters.

Meanwhile, the game has been cracked and seems to run better than the original..

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Playing it with medium specs and things like sky and fog in low. Rt is off. Also decreased my screen resolution from 1440p to 1080p, followed the reddit guide, changed a few things in the nvidea control panel, nothing helped much. I get a lot of stuttering in those 2 areas when I run and turn the camera around fast, so I avoid doing that. Not the unplayable game I've seen some people complaining about, but not the smooth gameplay that I wanted. Everywhere else is fine with just a few stutters.

Meanwhile, the game has been cracked and seems to run better than the original..

Thats insane. 20% performance uplift in hogsmead. more in open world.

Is the 3070Ti an 8GB card? Also, your CPU could be holding it back. Game is definitely poorly optimized but im running it at 4k 60 fps locked with dlss at quality and all settings ultra. My i7-11700k is a power hungry beast but with clocks that can go upto 5.0 Ghz. ive found that it outperforms the equivalent ryzen 3000 series 8 core 16 thread CPUs because they could only go up to 4.2 ghz. its funny, i regretted buying that CPU from day one because of the poor thermals and high wattage but now its paying off.

lukilladog

Seems ok here on an i3 12100f with an rtx 3050 and 16gb, although this windows 10 installation is stripped off background stuff like Antivirus, apps, and some services I don't use:

Last edited:

DareDaniel

Banned
Thats insane. 20% performance uplift in hogsmead. more in open world.

Is the 3070Ti an 8GB card? Also, your CPU could be holding it back. Game is definitely poorly optimized but im running it at 4k 60 fps locked with dlss at quality and all settings ultra. My i7-11700k is a power hungry beast but with clocks that can go upto 5.0 Ghz. ive found that it outperforms the equivalent ryzen 3000 series 8 core 16 thread CPUs because they could only go up to 4.2 ghz. its funny, i regretted buying that CPU from day one because of the poor thermals and high wattage but now its paying off.
Yes it's 8GB. CPU is an Intel Core i7-12700H. It's this one
I'm happy with it for a first gaming laptop, I've played other games without any issues.

winjer

Gold Member

That is a huge diference.
Denuvo has to die, for the sake of PC gamers. Seriously.

FarmerGiles

Just upgraded from 16gb to 32gb of RAM, running a 3080 RTX and Ryzen 5900X and I've gone from slideshow central to high FPS city. This game eats RAM for breakfast. I'm running around Hogwarts at the minute with everything on Ultra, and all RTX features on set to high sitting at between 60 and 120fps. Highly variable, yes, but very much playable.

Hi all, I have been delaying the purchase of this game to decide if I buy the PS5 or PC version of it. Can anyone tell me if the PC version is running better right now than what it was reported at launch? Also, will it run better than the PS5 version (my PC specs are NVidia 3070ti, 32gb RAM, I7). Thanks in advance!

Dipship31

Hi all, I have been delaying the purchase of this game to decide if I buy the PS5 or PC version of it. Can anyone tell me if the PC version is running better right now than what it was reported at launch? Also, will it run better than the PS5 version (my PC specs are NVidia 3070ti, 32gb RAM, I7). Thanks in advance!

My PC has been running it great. My specs are a bit more than yours (Ryzen 7770x, 4070ti, 32GB ram), but I'm running the game at 1440p in ultrawide. Just about everything maxed (except no RT) and I'm sticking around 120fps pretty consistently

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Turn off RT, set Effects to High instead of Ultra (Ultra is bugged) and enjoy the game at ultra settings 4k dlss quality at 60 fps. Turn down some other settings to get a locked 60 fps. My 3080 gets me a locked 60 fps everywhere except for outdoor battles but because i have Gsync compatible tv, i dont notice the small drops to 55 fps.

PS5's 30 fps mode will give you RT but its not that big of a difference and tbh, you shouldnt be playing this at 30 fps when you have a 3070 Ti.

Plug in your PS5 controller and steam should detect it letting you have the haptics available to PS5 owners. No adaptive trigger support though.

Last edited:

Cryio

There are a lot of good tweaks in this thread. Given Hogwarts Legacy is an Unreal 4.27 game, these tweaks can mostly, in some capacity, apply to the entire range of UE4 games released throughout the entire 8th gen console gen, even if most UE4 games started releasing more so in 2017 onward than 2014-2015.

My current top 2 tweaks:
1. Running ANY UE 4.9+ game in DX12. VASTLY less CPU bound than DX11.
2. Running any 4.19+ game with 67% resolution scale and TAAU enabled in ini and any 4.26+ games with TSR enabled in ini, if FSR2 is already available, for my 5700 XT.

Last edited:
Top Bottom