• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hollow Knight Silksong Xbox and Nintendo Pages Just Went Live

Draugoth

Gold Member
Might be something might be nothing

GKGvLEVXYAAbU56

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Any day now! :goog_relieved:

No, but really, one of my most anticipated games. The first one was one of the best in the genre, can't wait to see what they've come up with for the sequel.

rm082e

I've had it in my Steam wish list forever. Hopefully this is actual movement, but I doubt it means anything.

Dynasty8

No, it's NOT an April Fool's joke....

Silksong page just went live on Xbox and Nintendo store:

Confirmed:

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
This game whenever it comes out will be a showcase that it doesn’t matter if you’re an indie, AA, or triple AAA — delays and long development cycles generally mean your game sucks.

If it launches in an amazing state I will be genuinely shocked. Time has shown again and again , when a game keeps taking for ever to come out it is met with turd reactions when players get their hands on it.

Buggy Loop

This game whenever it comes out will be a showcase that it doesn’t matter if you’re an indie, AA, or triple AAA — delays and long development cycles generally mean your game sucks.

If it launches in an amazing state I will be genuinely shocked. Time has shown again and again , when a game keeps taking for ever to come out it is met with turd reactions when players get their hands on it.

Zelda BOTW
The Last Guardian
RE4 (RE GameCube project took a long ass time and was rebooted)
Alan Wake
StarCraft 2
Diablo 3
Team Fortress 2
Prey, 11 freaking years (original, not Arkane’s)

I’m sure there’s bad examples, but it’s not a guarantee that they’re bad.

I’ll wait for reviews. After Sports Story, a super protracted/ 5 year development time does not mean it’s been worth the wait.

ThaGuy

Damn near every major Nintendo game has long development times. We're still wondering wtf is Retro Studios up to with MP4 lol.

As others have already pointed out, there's just so many more examples of this not being true vs being true, though. It's probably like 80/20, honestly.

Last edited:
Wonder if we’ll see Winds of Winter, Kingkiller 3, or this game first.
in fairness they said within the last 11 months that it wouldn't launch in 2023 and they'd provide a new release date closer to completion. It's an extremely tiny development team (like 3-4 people, I think?). And given their track record, we have no reason to doubt them. Given all the money they made from the first game, and in order to make sure it's amazing, they are in no rush whatsoever to get this game out. When it's done, it's done. That's it. It's that simple.

Last edited:
Wonder if we’ll see Winds of Winter, Kingkiller 3, or this game first.
George RR Martin should just publicly acknowledge that the Winds of Winter is unlikely to ever come out. We all already know that (or we should know that), but he should call a spade a spade. Writer's block, getting too old, not wanting to finish it, wanting to do other things, not wanting to change the show's ending, whatever the reason is... just call a spade a spade. We're never getting that book, or any book after it in the timeline.

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

Punished Miku

Gold Member
They really need to have advanced substantially to compete with some of the best Metroidvanias that have come out in their absence: Metroid Dread, Prince of Persia, Ato.

We'll see.

Top Bottom