• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hot take: PS2 had a better selection of platformers than most Nintendo systems

elhav

Reading this thread I have so much to say, but also nothing at all to say.

Shame more recent games like A Hat in Time and Tinykin aren’t being mentioned. They’re better than anything Sony or Nintendo have put out in the past 10 years, and I include Odyssey in that.
I loved A hat in time, but I've felt it was a bit too easy, and over too soon.

3d Mario games aren't as charming or refreshing as A hat in time, but they are longer, and the late to endgame levels can get really challenging and fun, while A hat in time stays pretty easy all throughout in my experience.

Odyssey was way more polished, but then again it had a lot more funding behind it, so it's not a fair comparison at all

TMLT

I wouldnt go that far, but i'd say PS2 was better than Gamecube for platformers, and I was more interested in fresh IPs like Jak, Ratchet and Sly than Mario at the time.

ZoolNL

I absolutely love Nintendo platformers, but Sly Cooper 1 and 2 are on par or even better than most Nintendo platformers. Uh.. more people should play these. I was absolutely floored by these two.

Top Bottom