• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How did Square-Enix go from Crisis Core to Type 0 / FFXV Combat?

lol @ the people who are rating the combat system of FFXV, feels like there will be much more changes until next year.

I didn't like Type-0 at all, especially for that combat system. Crisis Core is a far better game imo, but that combat system is also rather meh.

Going from Crisis Core to Type-0 is pretty obvious to me. My bigger gripe is how the battle designer went from FFX-2 to Crisis Core/Type-0. :(

Bring back ATB-Kai with command based party battles! :(

Yes! Maybe 7R?

Also, I enjoyed the systems in both CC and Type 0. The latter felt far smoother and more responsive to me.

Duscae was fun, and had some cool elements (warp strike and hold to defend are both great I think). But I find it very difficult to judge an RPG battle system from a demo. So much of how it works for me has to do with character and system growth over hours and hours of play.

dramatis

What the hell, how can anybody call Crisis Core "the pinnacle of Action RPG combat"??

MODULATING PHASE
Technically, he called it the pinnacle of "FF action RPG combat". Which is probably true considering FF doesn't have many ARPGs, and amongst the ones it does have the systems are pretty meh.

Top Bottom