• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many threads do we have to make before Sony finally takes note and re-releases Killzone games for PS5?

yurinka

I'd get a 4K 60/120fps remastered collection with even the PSP game. Same goes with Motorstorm.

Last edited:

Sushi_Combo

Been playing more of Ps3 these past few weeks since nothing I'm interested in is out right now. Killzone and Resistance would be a huge W if they just 4k'd and 60fps them up. Obviously it will never happen.

coffinbirth

arnold-true.gif
oh-sure-john-candy.gif

So we're just pretending these games were worth wasting more resources on? Double down on a dead IP? Is coming up with a new single player FPS just too big a ask, so you're begging for these mediocre scraps? Do you think Last Action Hero is also good?
Sorry for thinking maybe, just maybe...we can do a little better than Killzone, my bad.

Drizzlehell

Banned
oh-sure-john-candy.gif

So we're just pretending these games were worth wasting more resources on? Double down on a dead IP? Is coming up with a new single player FPS just too big a ask, so you're begging for these mediocre scraps? Do you think Last Action Hero is also good?
Sorry for thinking maybe, just maybe...we can do a little better than Killzone, my bad.
Now you're trying too hard.

Marathon looks like utter trash. Neither one of those comes close to Killzone or Resistance.
Pretty difficult to say given we’ve not seen them being played.

I’m not an MP fan any more, but there’s a lot of excitement out there for Marathon and even I’ve had my curiosity piqued.

I’ve played every Killzone and Resistance game and the only bits worth bringing back are the KZ2 multiplayer and Resistance 3’s single player.

Even then KZ2’s MP is far too limiting for modern shooters and we’d still get people turned off by the movement speed.

Hudo

Careful what you wish for. They'll probably make a new Killzone and turn it into GaaS, complete with Aloy skins galore.
This is probably what will happen. They gonna turn Killzone into some sort of Call of Duty Warzone clone. With some bullshit metagame element that can be reset for every season.

I wonder if Sony are regretting letting SOE go. Planetside could've been quite the boon to have for their service-based games ambitions

I actually put some time into KZ2 the other week and also finally got a digital copy of KZHD. The aiming is trash beyond belief in both games. It's honestly near unplayable. Just so bizarre how awful it feels.
But it's supposed to feel that way. I personally think it feels amazing outside of some hit detection issues when you're trying to hit an enemy.

But the way that weapon flops around in your hands is amazing. Feels like a heavy, physical object. Especially when you beat a hig over the head with it.

KZ2 is technical masterpiece in terms of enemy A.I. and contextual ragdoll animations.

Top Bottom